Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Megadrive(Genesis) Clone consoles.

Megadrive(Genesis) Clone consoles.

Postby Preston2011 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am

So today I was scouring the interweb looking for a decent (yeah I know) megadrive clone for as little money as possible I was hoping for around £25.00. I know I can get the original hardware for that probably however I have a thing for quirky Chinese handhelds and clone consoles. I just like them.......well as long as they dont blow up and set my house on fire!! :D

In light of the recent trend in mini consoles like the nes mini and the snes mini, I decided to try and find a megadrive alternative to the crappy AT games version here in the UK. Well I found an interesting little console, called the Retroad MD compact. Here it is.

Screenshot (2).png

Along with

Screenshot (3).png

Not bad for less than 35 notes! Apparently it works with the Everdrive MD! And has Stereo sound. Now a lot of the megadrive 2 clones have an issue with the sound being of. This one however has it spot on according to a few youtube videos. For anyone interested here it is in action.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Preston2011 6

Re: Megadrive(Genesis) Clone consoles.

Postby FlarePhoenix » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 am

Preston2011 wrote:I just like them.......well as long as they dont blow up and set my house on fire!! :D

Nah, they're cheap so worse thing to happen is battery pops. Mine did, and except ruining the device, smoke was only thing that happened. Sigh 10$ for 2 week fun. I rather have the explosion.

FlarePhoenix 8

Re: Megadrive(Genesis) Clone consoles.

Postby Preston2011 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 am

Haha its probably going to melt after a few weeks play but then Ill try that new 2017 HDMI version of the megadrive 1.

Preston2011 6

Return to Mega Drive / Genesis