Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Injecting Data/Recompiling Sega Saturn Discs

Injecting Data/Recompiling Sega Saturn Discs

Postby TempoFunktron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am

Had a look on the internet in search of answers but I can't seem to find any, so I thought you fine people would be able to help me out.

Basically, I'm looking to do an undub/replace video files in a Sega Saturn game called DeathMask, which is a Japan-exclusive console port of a 1995 PC FMV adventure game called Angel Devoid: Face of the Enemy. Both use Duck Truemotion S/1 as their video codec, although the Saturn files are far more compressed (likely to prevent stuttering during streaming from the disc).

Now, I've already gone to the trouble of remuxing the clips featuring Japanese audio with the original English audio for the first disc of the game. All I'm looking to do now is to replace the old files with new files. Does anyone know how to go about this? Injecting or recompiling the disc or whatever works.

Thanks in advance.

TempoFunktron 2

Re: Injecting Data/Recompiling Sega Saturn Discs

Postby Dark_elexir » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:12 pm

First try to extract the date from your sega disc , i recommand u to do a backup of the original data then just try to inject or wathever u want to do with your data disc and after that u need to test it with an emulator before to burn the data into an other disc for your console .

Dark_elexir Newbie

Re: Injecting Data/Recompiling Sega Saturn Discs

Postby Dark_elexir » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 am

If u are more interessed into the sega saturn and how it get jailbreak after 20 years then search this video on youtube with this key: ''watch?time_continue=1&v=jOyfZex7B3E'' , it will explain to u basically how the system of the saturn works ! :lovetiz:

Dark_elexir Newbie

Return to Sega Saturn