Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Sega "Spartan" HERE WE GO AGAIN

Sega "Spartan" HERE WE GO AGAIN

Postby MaxRD » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 pm

sega-spartan-design.jpg

More "proposals" and signatures blah blah blah, what these clowns do not seem to get is SEGA have no interest, IF they do want to re-enter the market I am sure they have their own way of doing so. 
https://spartanconsole.com/    :trollface:

Sega Spartan? More like Sega Fartin am I right? ENOUGH ALREADY. No amount of petitions or signatures by Sega Fans is going to make the current Sega take notice or give a shit, they are too busy lending their license and IP's to cheap Chinese handheld and clone manufacturers for quick cashing in on Sega fans nostalgia.

From the site - Is the Spartan and Sonic 4K endorsed by Sega? No.The Spartan is not endorsed by Sega. This project serves to build a working prototype to propose to Sega. In turn, entice them to come back to the console hardware market with a current gen console.

Sonic 4K is a fan made tech demo. It will not be sold for commercial purposes.
HERE WE GO AGAIN  :roll:

IN OTHER WORDS ONCE AGAIN SOME RABID FANS THINK SEGA IS GOING TO GIVE A CRAP, ENOUGH ALREADY,  :-P

This will serve only to ONCE AGAIN stir up all the Sega fanboys and get hopes up only to result in another failed attempt. "Project Dream" , Dreamcast II etc, etc, etc, rinse and repeat. AND BEFORE anyone starts with the "Oh but anything is possible! Stop being "negative"! " No, no. there is nothing of substance or anything based in reality here, we keep seeing this, over and over and over for years now, all the "WANTING" and "WISHING" and "DREAMING" are NOT going to do a damn thing to bring a worth while Sega console to market. It is not being "negative" or having a glass half empty viewpoint it is common sense and being rooted in reality.  

I LOVE SEGA  :dance:

I have had about every console and handheld and still have several including Sega CDX, SMS, 3 Dreamcasts etc which I will always love and enjoy. But every time there is a Fan based project, proposal, online petition, rendered images and a lot of vague double talk and saying things like "We are hoping to entice Sega back into the console market" the end result is ALWAYS the same and if you been following and paying any type of attention you damn well know it, every two bit online gaming related article and blogger spin it into some positive great new Sega hope, fans get stirred into a frenzy to the point of getting mad or defensive if you so much as question the validity of it, there is a lot of talk and hype and noise and then.....either excuses or it completely disappears or to reemerge in another form or fashion in 3 month, 6 months, or a year, LATHER RINSE AND REPEAT  It has to be said and it is OK, I am quite use to the misinformed and defensive fan backlash proclaiming me quite wrongly to be a HATER or not Party Spoiler or the most ludicrous accusation that I merely hate SEGA (my collection / history would say different  ) because in the end it is always the same result, I see no reason to expect anything different THIS TIME or THE NEXT TEN TIMES  If anything I am a Sega Fan who does not let my love or nostalgia guide me or blind me to what common sense and repeated history has taught me, you do not have to like it but you should at least try to accept it and deal with it. Just wanting this madness to stop. 

:beer:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Collection
Spoiler:
NDS-Gameboy AdvanceSP-2 Xbox-2TG16-JVC X'Exe-Nintendo Wii-GP2X WIZ-GP2X Caanoo-Dingoo A320-PS2 (Phat & SLIM)-2 Gamecube-3 Dreamcast-Sega Saturn-Sega CDX-CDi-3DO-Genesis model 1-Sega Master System-FC Mobile-PS1 (Original and SLIM)-2 Colecovisions-Intellivision II-Ti99a-Atari 5200 /7800/2600/Jr./1040ste-1040stf-Commodore 64c & c64-SNES-NEO GEO CD-N64-NES-Retron3-JXD s601-s7800b-Atari 5200 VCS Adapter MODDED for Stand alone operation
MaximumRD's Hub of AWESOME !
Follow me on Twitter ! https://twitter.com/MaximumRD
MaxRD 4

Custom Title: Lover of Retro Games!

Re: Sega "Spartan" HERE WE GO AGAIN

Postby kremiso » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks for the info
100 % agree with your reasoning
maybe this time they are searching to grab also the Halo fans (Spartan...)
and are preparing something like this ? :

Jokes aside you are right, history repeats itself... :|

kremiso 6

Custom Title: Nostalgia Generator

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:28 pm

I agree with you here. This could also be a typical cheap way to haggle SEGA fans into giving cash to these guys. Hype it up, make a shitty indie gogo link here, maybe a kickstarter, and boom the money comes in like magic. SEGA never mentioned anything about going back into the console market ever since the Dreamcast days (prove me wrong here). I think they are just going to continue with making games and maintaining the arcade scene over at japan (wish more twats could get into arcades here in the US.. Daytona USA/Sega Rally anyone?).

Btw you are nothing but a damn filthy hater kys you smelly SEGA hater.

TheOmikronNomadSoul 6

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby FusekiGames » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:39 pm

This crap pops up every couple of years or so. There will be six months of trolling “DREAMCAST TWOOOOOOO” and other assorted nonsense, then it goes back into hibernation again for two or so years. Unfortunately, people don’t know how to shut up and not feed trolls, so it drags it out longer than it needs to be. Such is the way of the world...

FusekiGames 3

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 pm

I read about this a couple days ago yesterday. i hate to agree but i dont think sega would be interested. and if they launch this as an independent system i doubt it would fare better than the ouya.

i think they should actually show it to atari instead. considering the atari box stuff,they may be interested. they have a higher chance with them atleast.

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby maxpc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Great perspective and a fun read!

I think your opinions are dead-on. :)

maxpc 6

Postby erik1977 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 pm

20 rep points!

Systems I currently own:

Spoiler:
Playstation (modchip)
Xbox 360 slim
PS3 slim

Gaming PCs:

Windows 7 64 bit desktop (Athlon II X2 250 3ghz, 2gb ram, Radeon x1650 512mb, 128gb SSD)
Windows XP 32 bit desktop (Athlon XP 2800+ 2.1ghz, Abit NF7-S, 2gb ram, Radeon X800GTO 256mb, 2x 500gb HDD)
Windows 98SE desktop (Slot 1 Pentium 3 550mhz, Asus P3B-F, 384mb ram, Geforce TI4200 128mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 12mb, 2x 40gb HDD)
Windows 95 desktop (Pentium 133mhz, Asus P/I-P55TP4XE, 40mb ram, Matrox Mystique 4mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 8mb, 10gb HDD)
DOS 6.22 laptop (486DX2 50mhz, 8mb ram, 350mb HDD)
erik1977 6

Postby MaxRD » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks gang GOOD TO SEE people who can be rational. BELIEVE ME this very same posts on certain sites / forums / groups would be met with nothing but defensive name calling and denial without a credible argument to be found which is why I like posting HERE. Seems people actually can think logically and consider a viewpoint instead of gut reacting based on nothing but "feeling" :lovetiz:

My Collection
Spoiler:
NDS-Gameboy AdvanceSP-2 Xbox-2TG16-JVC X'Exe-Nintendo Wii-GP2X WIZ-GP2X Caanoo-Dingoo A320-PS2 (Phat & SLIM)-2 Gamecube-3 Dreamcast-Sega Saturn-Sega CDX-CDi-3DO-Genesis model 1-Sega Master System-FC Mobile-PS1 (Original and SLIM)-2 Colecovisions-Intellivision II-Ti99a-Atari 5200 /7800/2600/Jr./1040ste-1040stf-Commodore 64c & c64-SNES-NEO GEO CD-N64-NES-Retron3-JXD s601-s7800b-Atari 5200 VCS Adapter MODDED for Stand alone operation
MaximumRD's Hub of AWESOME !
Follow me on Twitter ! https://twitter.com/MaximumRD
MaxRD 4

Custom Title: Lover of Retro Games!

Postby MisterXiado » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:35 am

We already HAVE a new Sega system. It's call the PS4, because almost everything worth playing on it is from Sega.

The Homepage of the Oldternet - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
MisterXiado 3

Postby VoodooVincent » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 am

If Sega ever made a new console - which they won't, sadly - I wouldn't want it to look like some ridiculous Alienware PC. Gimme something close to the original Dreamcast and I'd be happier than a pig in crap.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Postby acr250rider » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 am

Well I`m going to hold out hoping that Sega and Atari will make another console. Matter of fact I`m going to hold my breath!

Spoiler:
Systems owned:
(2) Nintendo
(3) Sega Genesis/ (1) Cd /32X
(2) Super Nintendo
(2) Nintendo 64
(2) Sony PS1 1 REGULAR / 1 Chipped
(2) Soft Modded PS2 Phat
Dreamcast
Panasonic 3do
(4) soft modded Original Xbox
Pokémon Gale of Darkness Gamecube W/GBA Player.
(2) Xbox 360 1 Slim/1 Phat
(2) Ps3`s one jailbroken one not.
(2) Soft modded Wii
(2) PS4
Xbox one
(2) Wii U
Saturn (running Pseudo).
Sony PSP 6.20 Pro-B9 permanent .
acr250rider 6

Custom Title: Its all good Bro, Lets just play some games!

Postby thewheelman282 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:35 am

I think it's ridiculous that they're only requesting 35,000 signatures on their petition. To a company that, if they actually decided to endorse this, would need to sell at LEAST a few million to turn a profit or at least make busines sense. "hey Sega look at us! We have 0.5% of the gaming market requesting a another Sega console. Watcha think???"
Sega: "I am dissapoint"

>Helpful Tutorials<
How to properly burn PS1 games
How to use XboxHDM
How to install FreeMCBoot on your PS2
How to properly burn Dreamcast games

Image My YouTube Channel >> thewheelman282
Watch tutorials on console modding, repair, and more

The Golden Rule of Xbox Modding:
Backup eeprom.bin to your PC
Violators will be smacked!
thewheelman282 9

Custom Title: Brevity is the soul of wit

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:06 am

thewheelman282 wrote:I think it's ridiculous that they're only requesting 35,000 signatures on their petition. To a company that, if they actually decided to endorse this, would need to sell at LEAST a few million to turn a profit or at least make busines sense. "hey Sega look at us! We have 0.5% of the gaming market requesting a another Sega console. Watcha think???"
Sega: "I am dissapoint"

to be fair,there are tons and tons of people who would like a new sega console but either dont know about the petition or believe it isnt going anywhere so dont bother signing,and i am sure sega knows that.

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby mercuryshadow09 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 am

RGT85 had the same logic in his video on this. I would love a new Sega console as much as the next Sega kid but I'm not holding out hope that Sega will make a great comeback, would be nice but not probable.

Genesis model 1
Genesis model 2 with 32X
PS1 with Stealth chip
PS2 Fat soft modded - network adapter and 80 gig HDD
PS4
OXbox X3 all soft modded
RGH'd Jasper 360 w/ Cool runner rev C
Dreamcast
Saturn model 2 w/ Universal V3
Wii with WODE Jukebox
GameCube Xenochipped
N64