Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Wireless headphones for use with ps2?

Discuss Everything Related to the Playstation 2 Here!

Wireless headphones for use with ps2?

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Anyone know of some decent sounding wireless headphones for ps/ps2? I've been looking all over. Seems all they have now is big, stupid looking beats by dre wanna be headphones, with synthetic rubber over ear type making your ears sweat. Obviously it needs a base/transmitter for audio input. And I would prefer the headphones not to be big and stupid. Also I would like them to be clear, of course. I don't know about battery life either is it too much hassle to be worth it? And all I see are so expensive what retard would buy those?

I hear some "noise" on the audio coming out of my ps2, and I am not sure if it is the ps2 or the speakers, but I think it is the ps2 because I use the same speakers for my PC and there is very little noise. Any way to get rid of that? It's only noticable on quiet parts of games but I would like to eliminate that noise if possible. Because if I wear headphones it is even more noticeable.
I have used official sony cables and still hear the noise.

After looking for hours it seems I only have found one wireless headphones that is reasonably priced, which is this chinese piece of crap:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152046331650?var=451244194385
so its not really a choice more of a gamble

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Re: Wireless headphones for use with ps2?

Postby Sabkahn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm

If below 10 bucks is the only thing that you consider reasonably priced I don´t know what you are expecting. Good Wireless Tech is always a good chunk more expensive than wired counterparts. Plus your main issue seems to be that the DAC in your PS2 does a bad job or it wouldn´t introduce noise to the analog signal.

What you should do is grad a Headphone DAC with Toslink input and use the Toslink output of the PS2, that way unless there is already noise in the audio Signal in the games source files you get the cleanest, possible output. However, keep in mind that a 99% of Headphones DAC´s can´t drive speakers, so you have to use wired Headphones with that solution. Or get speakers that have a Toslink input instead of the DAC.

Sabkahn 5

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 pm

There are suprisingly few models to choose from and the other ones I saw were like, really expensive. Most others rely on bluetooth capability already in your device and I need one with a transmitter.

It's more of a low hum, and I have 6 ps2's and they all do it, not real noticeable, unless you wear headphones, then it is. The "noise" is always the same volume and so obviously, the lower your game volume the more noticeable it is. If you do not wear headphones, rarely can you hear it over the noise of the ps2 cooling fan.

Toslink never heard of it, LOL will check that out thanks =)

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Moandain » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 pm

I use astro a40s

@signaure = <Insert_Smart_and_wise_comment>

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
NES FRONT LOADER
SNES
SNES jr
N64
Gamecube
Wii x2
Wiiu
GBA
GBA SP
3DS XL
ATARI 2600 JR
ATARI 5200
ATARI 7800
ATARI JAGUAR
ATARI LYNX
3DO
CD-I
INTELLIVISION
COMMODORE 64
RADIOSHACK TRS80 COLOR
TG-16
PC-FX
MASTER SYSTEM
GENESIS/32X/CD MODEL 2
GENESIS MODEL 2
SATURN X2
DREAMCAST
GAMEGEAR
NOMAD
NEO GEO AES
NEO GEO POCKET COLOR
XBOX X2
XBOX 360 X2
XBOX ONE
PS1 X2
psone w/ screen
PS2 FAT X2
PS3 SLIM X2
PSP 3000
VITA 1001
PSTV
RETROPIE

My YouTube
Moandain 4

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Moandain wrote:I use astro a40s

Moneybags, lol. I don't like them sealing my earhole, but like those must have good sound quality, how is the battery life, and do you like dealing with that. thanks

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Moandain » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 am

Dildo_Schwaggins wrote:
Moandain wrote:I use astro a40s

Moneybags, lol. I don't like them sealing my earhole, but like those must have good sound quality, how is the battery life, and do you like dealing with that. thanks

if you get the recharge pack it is ok. I like them, good clear sound. However, it is simulated surround. For how much they cost, they should be discrete surround sound.

@signaure = <Insert_Smart_and_wise_comment>

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
NES FRONT LOADER
SNES
SNES jr
N64
Gamecube
Wii x2
Wiiu
GBA
GBA SP