Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Linux Illegal Disc Error

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Linux Illegal Disc Error

Postby Doomer022 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:05 pm

I know i ask too many questions, but here i go.
So i was being able to set up Kernel Loader successfully, even Linux Booted up. As you can see from the topic title, after time on the boot screen, it starts to spam "ps2cdvd: Ileegal Disc". I got my ISO file and burned it onto an empty DVD. On the loading screen of Kernel Loader, it laded from the disc without any error or problem, but when booting Linux, it somehow failed to load it, because its "Illegal". Any ideas what should i do? Because i dont wanna buy an original Linux disc, its really expensive (at least for me)!

Doomer022 2

Custom Title: Petrol-Headed Gaskit

Re: Linux Illegal Disc Error

Postby wakinafuf » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm

The Linux Kit turns the PlayStation 2 into a full-fledged computer system, but it does not allow for use of the DVD-ROM drive except to read PS1 and PS2 discs due to piracy concerns by Sony.

that linux stuff has been abandoned since 2009. also it's fuckin useless to install any OS on any console. i saw geeks installing linux and win xp of their shitty xbox original and even emulate xp in javascript. ok they install their shit on their console, but in the end it's fuckin useless, you'll never do what you can achieve with a real computer with that.... especially whith a fuckin ps2 compared to nowadays i-7 and 8gb gfx cards.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby Doomer022 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:50 pm

I know man, i have a beast of a PC, i just want to explore it a bit. And please dont compare the PS2 to NASA PC parts please, it makes no sense to compare the two...

Doomer022 2

Postby wakinafuf » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:07 pm

you can compare anything, simple question of open-mindedness. i can compare an old piece of junk amstrad cpc(128k ram) to a nowadays computer. despite being millions of time faster than a cpc, modern computers still needs times as long as 30 seconds to load a level, when a cpc could load a full game in 10 seconds.

you can achieve whatever you want in your life, but setting your ps2 for linux will still be a superficial thing and will not serve any real purpose. one sure thing is : you're far from completing your ps2 linux puzzle.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby Doomer022 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Welp...I havent got any further how to solve my problems, so i might just try out things that might work then...
Anyway who can help me with my problem?

Doomer022 2

Postby sasapinjic » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 am

wakinafuf wrote:The Linux Kit turns the PlayStation 2 into a full-fledged computer system, but it does not allow for use of the DVD-ROM drive except to read PS1 and PS2 discs due to piracy concerns by Sony.

Well, if kit does not allow for use of the DVD-ROM drive , can he use USB stick/drive ?
(I got no expirience with Linux kit , mind you , idea just came to my mind since in my PS2 i use USB flash drives all the time to play games , or to transfer game save files form/to PC )

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Return to System Modding