Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

PSTV Modding

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

PSTV Modding

Postby tweekers237 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Good Morning ISO Zone.

Saw something in my tweet feed today about PSTV modding. I'm a new owner of a PS4 and I do have a PSTV to Remote play in the basement. I'm sure most of you know the PSTV kind of falls short of everything but has a few neat positives.

I'm not looking to hack into this yet but wondering if anyone has hacked into it and what do you actually gain/lose when your Jailbreak it.

Just wondering. Thanks guys.

Just an Analog dude livin in a Digital world...
tweekers237 3

Re: PSTV Modding

Postby goat813 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:56 pm

if you've updated you pstv recently you won't be able to mod it at all. I have one softmodded and honestly it doesn't do anything a psp can't do (and psp does it better IMO) as of right now there's no way to play back up of vita games, just run emulators and possibly run psp games depending on how/ when you modded it. Not really worth messing with it IMO.

Xbox S/N SpiderGoat813
Playstation S/N SpiderGoat1984
Steam S/N SpiderGoat813 add me and lets play some games!
goat813 6

Postby schmupluvr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

I enjoy mine for some vita games but mostly for the emulators via RetroArch. There is only a small handful of vita games that aren't good on the PSTV. Using a PS4 controller allows the mouse pad to be used as the touch screen on a Vita.
Learning/configuring RA is not easy but the emus really do run good, no lag either, not kidding some brilliant minds did a great job.
*I actually do not go on PSN with mine. I've had the same account for way too long to risk a ban.
The new VitaShell update is out now with USB support so things are evolving/improving.

Quick list of good Vita games:
Wipeout 2048
TxK (Tempest knock-off)
Street Fighter X Tekken
Sky Force Anniversary
Murasaki Baby (trippy/artsy puzzle game)

Check out Reddit if you've not already.

Edit:@Goat813 is correct but.....as much as I love PSP Go it cannot output via HDMI. :(
2nd Edit: You can play backups. Mai dumps are great. Reddit!
3rd Edit: The only games that can't be played w/Henkaku are on 3.61/3.63 ofw. Not that many and I'm confident cfw will handle that as well. Peace and love and all that stuff.

Last edited by schmupluvr on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Colecovision w/SD
TG-16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis & Master System
PSP Go,1000
PS1 9001 w/chip
PS One w/LCD
PS2 fmcb, sata
PS3 CECHA01x3
PS4 w/1TB sshd
PSTV Henkaku
TSOP Xbox
Dreamcast 2K
Wii/GC
Green OG Gameboy
schmupluvr 4

Custom Title: Skinny jeans on dudes. C'mon man, WTF???

Postby capsnk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:11 pm

If you are on OFW 3.60 firmware you can mod it with the Henkaku exploit i recommend also installing Adrenaline for psp isos and vitamine and maidump for vita games backups.

capsnk 2

Postby tweekers237 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:44 pm

awesome feed back. I'm currently knee deep in my Retropie so I can't see modding yet another device for emulation. This was helpful though. If hacking the PSTV made it into the device it should have been then I'd be all about it. I still may grab another because they are cheap now and PS is basically abandoning the whole product.

Just an Analog dude livin in a Digital world...
tweekers237 3

Postby UnholyArceus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 pm

you can play psp games and ps vita through HDD Drives now.

time to shove up games that suck up your bum!!
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: leave me alone you wabbit dastard!!

Postby voultar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 pm

The PSTV shits all over the PSP in terms of homebrew and backup loading for both PSP AND Vita games. Now with USB mounting capabilities, it's an oustanding device to have if you secure one with 3.60 firmware.

All new/sealed PSTV's will ship with low firmware, so it isn't a problem if you buy new stock.

https://twitter.com/Voultar_Modshop/status/843183207768035332

https://twitter.com/Voultar_Modshop/status/843233893729943553

For all modding inquires, contact sales@voultar.com

voultar 6

Custom Title: The Champion

Postby mutantchipmunk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 pm

If you have firmware 3.60 on it then go hack that baby. However you can do the whitelist hack on 3.61 so you can play all vita games on the device.
With firmware 3.6, as said above, you can load games via usb now instead of the memory card. You can run psp, vita games and theres a n64 emulator coming soon to the retroarch builds for the vita. To use the remote play feature you would have to find the hack and will only connect directly to the ps4 and not use the internet. If you need remote play, most pc's run the client just fine and works over the internet. I have a 10.1" windows tablet with an atom processor, 2gb of ram and it runs remote play great.

mutantchipmunk 7

Custom Title: when did 2 player turn to co-op?

Return to System Modding