Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Help with ESR

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Help with ESR

Postby shiny_ribbon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Hey I was hoping you guys would help me with ESR. This is my first time doing it

I had MGS3 iso ready to burn, i patched it with ESR Patcher:

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pla ... v024a-usa/

then burned with Imgburn at 8x

Tried it out it didn't work! Doesn't recognize disc just a black screen.

What did i do wrong :?:

shiny_ribbon 3

Re: Help with ESR

Postby sasapinjic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 pm

You did nothing wrong by you explanation :
-ISO must be patched before burning with right software (GUI patcher you used is great),
-ISO must be checked to be confirmed working (checking comments is usually good enough, or you can check it in Emulator),
-Burn ISO with ImgBurn, burn speed depends by console, usually betwen x4-x8 for PS-2 games on decent DVD-R discs, verify and test options on ImgBurn MUST BE OFF,
-You need FMCB memory card on oficial SONY memory card insert in your PS2 (in any slot, better in second slot , for saving games in first slot), no third parts memory card can be used with FMCB, FMCB must be set to mode to work to your console specifcly, or set to work to muti console mod,
-Make sure your burner is good, test some other burner,
-Make sure your PS-2 laser is good, test original and burned games on your and some other console,
-Make sure you have version of PS-2 console that can work with FMCB, some cant(Goooooogle it).

Check what i did write and what you did then post again here.

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(LightningBoltScumbag)

Postby shiny_ribbon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks for the detailed post. It must be the crappy DVD I used (chinese off-brand) because everything else i did. i even cleaned the laser.

what's strange is i used this brand of disc for swap disc installing FMCB. and it worked

gonna use DVD-RW from now. No waste of money that way

ps. does disc patcher work with all region :?:

shiny_ribbon 3

Postby sasapinjic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 pm

shiny_ribbon wrote:Thanks for the detailed post. It must be the crappy DVD I used (chinese off-brand) because everything else i did. i even cleaned the laser.

what's strange is i used this brand of disc for swap disc installing FMCB. and it worked

DONT use DVD-RW , under any condition beside testing ! :o

PS2 hates DVD-RW , chances are any game you burn of them will not work , or it will work very poor . Besides that , DVD-RW will wear your PS2 laser very fast , and PS2 will wear your DVD-RW to . For example , i burned game Dark Cloud 2 to DVD-RW , it worked with slower loading time for couple of days , but more i used it , it worked worse , until at last it stop lodaing , my PS2 laser laser was loading little worse and i had troubles with that DVD-RW to burn and play movies on DVD player later.
You can use DVD-RW couple of times , for test and such , but dont use it much , test only .

And yes , disk patcher work on any region as far i know . One of my PS2 is FMCB , i play EU , NTSC and Jap games without any problem , all i need is SCART connector . Only problem may come if your TV cant support both regions mode .

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(LightningBoltScumbag)

Postby psydefx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 pm

shiny_ribbon wrote:Hey I was hoping you guys would help me with ESR. This is my first time doing it

I had MGS3 iso ready to burn, i patched it with ESR Patcher:

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pla ... v024a-usa/

then burned with Imgburn at 8x

Tried it out it didn't work! Doesn't recognize disc just a black screen.

What did i do wrong :?:

you might want to check if esr path is set in fmcb configurator

psydefx 5

Postby shiny_ribbon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 pm

sasapinjic wrote:
shiny_ribbon wrote:Thanks for the detailed post. It must be the crappy DVD I used (chinese off-brand) because everything else i did. i even cleaned the laser.

DONT use DVD-RW , under any condition beside testing ! :o

PS2 hates DVD-RW , chances are any game you burn of them will not work , or it will work very poor . Besides that , DVD-RW will wear your PS2 laser very fast , and PS2 will wear your DVD-RW too.

is that true? oh well. cant spend money on dvd-r anymore :(
thanks for the heads up

sasapinjic wrote:you might want to check if esr path is set in fmcb configurator

yea.
mc1:/BOOT/ESR.elf

I can get into the program but then it says 'unknown media' and just a black screen when launch

shiny_ribbon 3

Postby dreamcast459 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 am

i use top of the line verbatim dvd-r's for my ps2 only the best for my consoles

sucessfull trade with ware-wolf my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/4599kane/videos
MMO's that i play star trek online and shot online

systems i own
dreamcast
saturn chip modded
N64
sega game gear
orig-xbox
xbox360
dreamcast459 13

Postby KvLT » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:11 pm

I can also vouch for shitty DVDR's not working, especially if you have a slimline (I've had both a fat and a slim, and the slim seems much more picky when it comes to brands).

Double check to make sure you patched it, but otherwise IMO this is super common.

KvLT 2

Return to System Modding