Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

OPL game list broken?

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

OPL game list broken?

Postby Doomer022 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:07 pm

So i installed a game onto my EXTERNAL USB HDD and now it wont freeze my whole console. Its formated to be FAT32, the game is installed with USBExtreme, and the HDD is 465GB! But when i plug it into my PS2 and run OPL, it will show nothing. It will load without freezing, but it wont show anything! Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Doomer022 2

Custom Title: Petrol-Headed Gaskit

Re: OPL game list broken?

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Please don't start spamming questions. You already made a similar topic. It's still on the new topics list......

TheOmikronNomadSoul 7

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby Doomer022 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Sorry! At least can I get an answer to this question over here? Im really trying to make this work by my own but im not really into console modding, because i never did something like this before.
Sorry again!

Doomer022 2

Postby sasapinjic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Dont have expirience with HDD ,but i have mesed with loading games from flash drive with opl , and i mostly had such problems when i dint rename game in format opl will accept .
Other than that, i also have problems if i dint defragment game .
Dont know is proces same with HDD .

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby Maddglow05 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:47 pm

dont bother with external usb hdds for the ps2. The ps2 supports usb 1.1 which is not enough for powering a hdd properly for you to run games off of it.
What Id advice you to do ist, buy a network adapter, a legit one or from aliexpress with sata support. That way you can just hook up a 2TB drive and load all your games with Winhiip onto it and never witness any problems or hickups whats so ever and play the games as they are meant to be with better loading times.

Maddglow05 3

Postby Sabkahn » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Maddglow05 wrote:dont bother with external usb hdds for the ps2. The ps2 supports usb 1.1 which is not enough for powering a hdd properly for you to run games off of it.

USB Speed only becomes an issue when the System has to constantly Stream Data from the disc, i.e. during FMV Cutscenes or in games like GTA San Andreas, otherwise the major downside of USB vs. Disc / Internal HDD are Load times, those are a bit longer on USB.

Sabkahn 5

Postby Jumbotron666 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:00 am

Maddglow05 wrote:dont bother with external usb hdds for the ps2. The ps2 supports usb 1.1 which is not enough for powering a hdd properly for you to run games off of it.
What Id advice you to do ist, buy a network adapter, a legit one or from aliexpress with sata support. That way you can just hook up a 2TB drive and load all your games with Winhiip onto it and never witness any problems or hickups whats so ever and play the games as they are meant to be with better loading times.

I'd disagree 100%

Sabkahn wrote:

USB Speed only becomes an issue when the System has to constantly Stream Data from the disc, i.e. during FMV Cutscenes or in games like GTA San Andreas, otherwise the major downside of USB vs. Disc / Internal HDD are Load times, those are a bit longer on USB.

This.

I played 50+ games from an external usb hdd with it's own power supply, the issues are nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be unless the game uses full FMV (ie NFS Carbon)

Successfully Traded with Yungstar, mightysubzero and Anthony817

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
Jumbotron666 9

Custom Title: Ban me.

Postby mistamontiel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 am

See the PS2 app I put in your previous thread namely PS2 ESDL, worth a try, OPL did not want to play USB for me

USBExtreme is dogshit! That won't modify the ul.cfg file as needed! USBUtil v2 my friend!

And true USB is very slow it will just get you by just to see imports that didn't make it to your territory and such

MaxDIYPower SATA board for the PS2 network adapter is key! Replacing the IDE. Playing over internal HDD is much faster and you can play the Biohazard Outbreaks live with people and all that jazz!

mistamontiel 6

Custom Title: ..!!

Postby rawman024 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:03 am

According to ps2 home gran turismo 3 works http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/page/opl-game-compatibility-list-G.

If you are having problems with external hdd you can try to connect through network and play game iso's that are on your pc. I found it a bit harder to get set up but if you want you can try that. http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2340. Thsi link is for win 10 but you can google other operating systems if you have a different one.

If you can get it working games will run smoother than usb. When i tryed it on windows 7 it was a liltle bit rough to get file share to work right on pc end but once i got it figured out it worked great. I stopped using it because i like my internal hdd option better but since you have a slim i assume that is not an option.

PS2 home is my go to place for reading up on all things ps2, if i cant figure it out then i ask here.

Good Luck.

My systems
Spoiler:
PC: amd-fx 8370 with 2 rx-480 radeon graphics cards
orig xbox softmodded with 2 tb hdd replaced clock capacitor with battery (built several for family members)
ps2 slim
2x ps2 phat with free hdboot 1 sata 1 pata (built several for family members)
ps1
ps1 hardmodded
original nes
rawman024 3

Postby Doomer022 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 am

Okay then UBSUtil v2 is the way to go then! And ill even name my ISOs in a very specific name so they work 100%. And also my PS2 is a SLIM PAL sooo no internal HDD for me.

Doomer022 2

Postby Doomer022 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:59 pm

It didnt work either! Maybe i had the wrong configurations or i dont know but it just didnt! Im getting tired of just trying without any success! Im not going to set up any kind of weird servers and i cant use an internal hdd because its a SLIM PAL PS2!!! Ill be using USBExtreme and USBUtil 2.0 from now on!

Doomer022 2

Return to System Modding