Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

I Modded my PS3 last night!

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

I Modded my PS3 last night!

Postby madbuzzin » Mon May 21, 2018 2:50 pm

I have Ferrox 101 with Cobra running on 4.82...

I farted around and figured out how to load ps2 and ps1 games using managunz
I loaded a bunch of psp games onto the HD and use psp launcher.
- this stuff works flawlessly

I need help with Retroarch. I dont know if I have DEX or CEX and have no idea what it means or if it even matters, but I can load snes and genesis roms using the CEX version i downloaded. I would really like cps1 cps2 and neo-geo emulated thru FBA but when ever I navigate to my cps2 folder or neo-geo roms folder to select a .zip it says "failed to load" in yellow letters on the bottom left side. Yes I loaded the core and it still didnt work.

Are the cps1 &2 and neogeo roms supposed to be in a different format other than a zip? Why am I getting this "failed to load" error message, even tho it seems everything is set up properly (i can play genesis and snes games usin the same method i am using for cps and neogeo roms)

Any help much appreciated :lovetiz:

[Edit]
are there stand alone emulators for nes, snes, genesis, mega cd, pce and turbografx 16, neogeo, cps1 and 2...? those are they only systems I want to emulate on my ps3

madbuzzin 3

Re: I Modded my PS3 last night!

Postby Berzerk » Mon May 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Past discussion with FD links to emulators. Pretty much FinalBurn will do Mega Drive I have done any NES or SNES but I think Retroarch should do them. Nothing really wow like on Xbox because I guess PS3 is hard to program for.

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=72507

Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Postby madbuzzin » Mon May 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Berzerk wrote:Past discussion with FD links to emulators.

ok grabbed the fba next and retroarch 1.7. Will try when I get home... I really want to do some neo geo on the ps3.

becuase the ps3 is more powerful than the xbox, do the roms run smoother?

madbuzzin 3

Postby Berzerk » Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Do not know if you dabble with converting roms but for FinalBurn the DAT file is included in the files clrmamepro to convert roms to run on it. Also word of advice forgot what I have my display settings on for FinalBurn if the display setting is not right you will get real bad screen tearing with some games.

Berzerk 6

Postby GamingWizardC75 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:11 pm

I am still debating if I want to mod my PS3. I have a Slim model just never done anything like this before.

Always Save The Best For Last.

Systems I Currently Own:

Xbox One X
PS4 Slim
Xbox 360 Slim
Playstation 3 Slim with a 500 GB HDD
Sega Sports Dreamcast
Playstation 1-Need To Get It Out Of Storage
Playstation 2-Needs A New Laser
Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player
GamingWizardC75 3

Custom Title: I Am Groot!

Postby Berzerk » Mon May 21, 2018 5:24 pm

If you have a extra PS3 lying around I would do it but if you only have one PS3 I would wait until you pick up a extra one. As for emulation it comes down to everything was made to run on a Microsoft system so most the Xbox emulators are copy and paste versions from PC so when it comes to emulation on PS3 the choices are not real strong.

Berzerk 6

Postby madbuzzin » Mon May 21, 2018 6:59 pm

GamingWizardC75 wrote:I am still debating if I want to mod my PS3.

If you are into psp, ps1, and ps2 games I would highly recommend it... I would pick up a cheap fat one... dont know if the slim can be modded like a fat can, i am new to this as well. But being able to play psp games on my big screen was well worth the jailbreak.

I use managunz to load the image and multiman to get the images onto the hd, and psp launcher to load the psp games, thats all you need. As far as retro and arcade emulation I got my xbox from zombiegauze and that is a stellar product

madbuzzin 3

Postby XamX » Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 pm

GamingWizardC75 wrote:I am still debating if I want to mod my PS3.

If you aren't playing online (like me, I hate playing online) there is no reason not to mod a PS3 (or ANY console)

It's just 3-4 minutes of work to mod a PS3 and that includes 2 minutes of scratching your balls ;)

XamX 6

Postby madbuzzin » Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 pm

XamX wrote:
GamingWizardC75 wrote:
It's just 3-4 minutes of work to mod a PS3 and that includes 2 minutes of scratching your balls ;)

the process takes no time at all to mod, it did take me a few hours of watching youtube videos and trying to figure out what the hell to put on my flash drive TO mod the system....

but yeah i scratched my balls.. and my head too, felt great when I finished tho

madbuzzin 3

Postby duwen » Tue May 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Any particular reason for choosing Ferox over Rebug?
I went with Rebug back when I did mine and it's great - seems to be the most recommended cfw too, that's why I was wondering why you went with Ferox.

As for whoever was querying what models can be modded; afaik, only the superslim can't be modded to run cfw. It's a really easy process for any phat or original slim, just make sure to correctly identify whether your console is nand or nor.

My...
Spoiler:
Handhelds:
Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP Silver Original, GBA SP JPN Famicom Edition, NDS (2xPhat, 1xLite), O3DS Arctic White, N3DS XL Metallic Blue, PS Vita

Consoles:
Master System (Mk I), Mega Drive (2xPAL, Mk I), Mega Drive (PAL Mk II), Mega CD (Mk I), SNES (2xPAL), SNES Mini/Jr (NTSC), Neo-Geo CD, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast (1xPAL, 2xNTSC-J), Playstation 2, Gamecube (with Gameboy Player), Wii (1xWhite PAL, 1xBlack PAL), Playstation 3, Xbox 360 320Gb Slim Gears of War 3 LE, Wii U 32Gb premium, Playstation 4 Pro Star Wars LE
duwen 3

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Return to System Modding