Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Help with UNIROM and copy protected games

If you're having hardware, software or emulation issues with your PlayStation, ask our experts here!

Help with UNIROM and copy protected games

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:26 pm

So today I got my playstation a fresh nice condition scph-7501 off ebay, (I forgot how big they were!) and my gameshark cartridge for the back. First flashed unirom v6, and would not boot legend of dragoon (which is copy protected but I thought it would work since I am not using a mod chip technically), first version normal copy, I get the red X on fastboot. Then I try my ISO cd that I patched (with copy protection removed) and it will not boot either ugh.
Then I notice that unirom .44 mabye better than v6 so I try that and same results. F***!!!
Is there no way to boot anti-modchip games with UNIROM????

also please help with these questions?
- which version of unirom is best
- bios boot or fastboot?
- are there any guides that explain the unirom menu commands and what they do

Thank you kind sir's for your invaluable assistance

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Re: Help with UNIROM and copy protected games

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:55 am

To answer my own questions:
-.44 is better than v6 (.6)
-bios boot does not even work only fastboot
-bios boot is default in v6 and thats why v6 sucks
-copy protected games will not work with unirom
-unirom must be allowed 40 seconds or so after power on or it will not work due to a cd read issue
-in v.44 you MUST push R1 before R2 to boot the game
-this ps1 has probably been in storage and needs lube badly

silly me I was trying to avoid opening the ps1 but what can I expect with a console so old... on the up side it looks like it has not been used at all. I can't believe how big and "built to last" it is compared to the ps2 slim I mean even the size of the laser lens is huge, and the buttons feel so solid.

I will probably sell this, if I can't play all games with it without swap. I already have ps2 and breaker pro which can defeat all copy protection so why would I bother with this idk maybe just to look at?

how is "boot to bios" supposed to work and why would you use that? ?

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:33 am

So like, do you not make sure it's on google before you post a topic about it?

TheOmikronNomadSoul 7

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:44 am

I knew you were going to say that...
But yes I did check google and there is not much info at all, perhaps I did not got all the way to page 8 of results, SORRY...
Anyways I would rather get information from people who know what they are talking about instead of just some random a-hole on the net, maybe he is just lying for fun? huh

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:47 am

For instance on the unirom post, which is what I assume you are talking about, there is like 12 whole pages of forum you expect me to read all of those just to find out one small detail? Would you do that?

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 am

tell me the story of your signature

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby mistamontiel » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:59 am

I did UniROM v6 for the purpose of Metal Gear Integral region bypass .. nasty graphics and muted sounds bugs . I heard it's the game's lybcrypt er somethin and with PS-X-Change it's perfect until can't swap disc

Is older v.44 any good for that

mistamontiel 6

Custom Title: ..!!

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:03 am

I mean it's just you make a topic asking for help then 5 seconds later you end up answering yourself. It's like you know it, aren't sure, post it here, and wait for someone to answer that way you can pretty much just answer your own question. Just my two cents.

I don't expect anyone to read the book of knowledge here. It's why we have 1billion topics on how to to download and a apply a crack to a game. Hell I do it sometimes....

As for my sig. It's Michelle with a big cock which she's using to rest her arm on it. Don't know what else I could say about that. Don't hate or your racist. Damn privileged possibly white male.

TheOmikronNomadSoul 7

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby Randummy1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 am

TheOmikronNomadSoul wrote:I mean it's just you make a topic asking for help then 5 seconds later you end up answering yourself. It's like you know it, aren't sure, post it here, and wait for someone to answer that way you can pretty much just answer your own question. Just my two cents.

I don't expect anyone to read the book of knowledge here. It's why we have 1billion topics on how to to download and a apply a crack to a game. Hell I do it sometimes....

As for my sig. It's Michelle with a big cock which she's using to rest her arm on it. Don't know what else I could say about that. Don't hate or your racist. Damn privileged possibly white male.

I don't normally glance at sig that much til the tell me the story of came up. Now that I looked more closely, I almost chocked on my cookies cause I was laughing so damn hard!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P . Rep buttons aren't working today or else would have given a million + rep if I could. Roflmfao! Thanks Omikron, will be laughing for about a week!! :D :D

Successfully traded with Vga for PS2 Softmod Kit.
Randummy1 6

Custom Title: Dinosaur farting dust bunnies :)

Postby Hardak » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 am

I've used UniROM, I flashed it to a Goldfinger I had. Don't remember what version, I have to dig it out at some point I suppose if I want to be sure. Anyways guys I know it works with my set up and I did nothing special aside from making sure my laser is good and clean.

Hardak 13

Custom Title: Glitching™

Postby sasapinjic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am

@ Omicron, i tought you post that as proof she took balls from her husband !

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I thought it was michelle LOL !! The first tranny.

NO I actually figured these things out myself, through trial and error, and not from google usually, and post the results so maybe others can learn from my mistakes. I certainly could have used the info before I started this unirom project. Do you know what I am saying

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 pm

If you were like, more on the ball LOL, and replied faster, I wouldn't have to answer my own questions, LOL... no I am just joking xD

as you can see I waited an hour and a half which is an eternity for a manic OCD like myself

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:28 pm

my workflow goes like this:
recieve item
-google it for 20 minutes wading thru forums and bullshit until I get pissed off
-just do it myself
-post on a forum saying please help

All you need do is google unirom topics I posted on here and you will see there is not much.
As far as the ps-x-change thing I did watch a couple videos but thank you for that link, it was like 5 videos down tho and I usually only watch the first two results honestly. I think most ppl do the same thing. Perhaps I need more patience

I though ppl on "the iso zone" would have experience with Unirom no?

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Return to Troubleshooting