Submit
Marketplace

Recent interview with Ed Snowden

Recent interview with Ed Snowden

Postby schmupluvr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 pm

http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... 66752.html
From 9.21.17
The guy is kind of a "Folk Hero" to me.
(Not trying to start any crap, if you don't like him please just move on.)

:lovetiz:

Spoiler:
PSTV Henkaku Enso, 2TB ext hdd, dualshock 4
TSOP Xbox/CoinOPS/Ninja
Colecovision w/SD
Sega-any
TG-16
NES
PS3 CECHA01
PS4 w/1TB sshd
Wii loaded

Trinitrons, D-Series JVC and Toshiba CRTs. Lucky to have 3 curved screens with Y,Pb,Pr too!
schmupluvr 5

Custom Title: Colecovision O.G./Grey Jedi

Re: Recent interview with Ed Snowden

Postby harrow86 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 pm

It's a shame that most people even if they do care, don't care enough to get behind him, he must feel gutted that he took that risk and it hasn't really paid off.

harrow86 Newbie

Postby VoodooVincent » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:18 pm

In most circumstances he'd be considered a hero by both libertarians and liberals, however since he did it during the Obama administration most liberals don't view him as such. While they hate Assange because they say he's a puppet of the Russian government, even though there's ZERO proof of that since the DNC refused to hand over the supposedly "Russian hacked" server to the US intelligence agencies, they worship Manning, whom worked with Assange & Wikileaks, merely because Manning is a trans person & pushes their social agenda.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Postby schmupluvr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Well said Voodoo. There is a blatant double standard by the left regarding this situation now. I am very skeptic of what they have to hide by not revealing the server content as well.
Apples to apples, comparing Manning vs Snowden's crime and "level of putting troops, etc. at risk", I think Manning's crime was a lot more heinous.

Spoiler:
PSTV Henkaku Enso, 2TB ext hdd, dualshock 4
TSOP Xbox/CoinOPS/Ninja
Colecovision w/SD
Sega-any
TG-16
NES
PS3 CECHA01
PS4 w/1TB sshd
Wii loaded

Trinitrons, D-Series JVC and Toshiba CRTs. Lucky to have 3 curved screens with Y,Pb,Pr too!
schmupluvr 5

Custom Title: Colecovision O.G./Grey Jedi

Postby 6gunn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:49 pm

:x The government doesn't trust me, why should I trust (or believe) the government? :x

6gunn 6

Custom Title: catwacker

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:09 am

Nice! Thanks tc

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby Berzerk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 am

I guess it has to do with what agenda side you are on Snowden if he had done the things he did during the Bush or Trump administration would have been a poster boy but since he did it during Obama administration bias media does not see a story. Look at Cindy Sheehan during the Bush administration she was the poster child for anti war she was on the news almost every day. Then when Obama came into office she was dumped like a used date after prom night due to media agenda bias.

Berzerk 4

Custom Title: No matter where you go there you are.

Postby ClassicGamer90 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:48 pm

It's really shocking to read comments by brainwashed fools saying that this guy is a traitor and should be put to death, if it weren't for people like this we wouldn't have any clue to the horrors that go on today and if anyone's a traitor it's our own government.

Systems I own:

Spoiler:
x2 NES
x2 SNES (Orig. & mini)
x1 Super Famicom
x2 Sega Genesis
x2 Nintendo 64
x3 PlayStation (Slim, orig., & orig. w/chip & clear blue shell)
x1 Sega Saturn
x4 Sega Dreamcast (1 w/ clear blue shell)
x2 GameCube (Xeno chip)
x1 GB
x1 GB Pocket
x2 GBC
x2 GBA
x1 GBA SP
x4 PlayStation 2 (2 orig. & 2 slim)
x1 Original Xbox (250GB HDD & UnleashX)
x1 Xbox 360 (Star Wars 320GB)
x1 PlayStation 3 (1TB)
x1 Wii (soft modded, 1TB HDD)
x1 Wii U
x1 DS Lite
x1 DSi XL
x1 3DS XL
X1 PS Vita
x2 PSP (1000, 3000 w/CFW)
x1 Neo Geo X
x1 Retro Freak
ClassicGamer90 4

Postby VoodooVincent » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm

schmupluvr wrote:Well said Voodoo. There is a blatant double standard by the left regarding this situation now. I am very skeptic of what they have to hide by not revealing the server content as well.
Apples to apples, comparing Manning vs Snowden's crime and "level of putting troops, etc. at risk", I think Manning's crime was a lot more heinous.

I was opposed to the war in Iraq, as were many liberals, and the US intelligence agencies were either wrong about WMD's or blatantly lied. Either way, it got us in a mess that we didn't need to be in, and while Hussein was hardly a good guy, not having him created a vacuum that allowed the likes of ISIS to take control.

That's why it bums me out when I see liberals siding with neocons like David Frum, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Rick Wilson, etc., just because they attack Trump. These are warmongers. Have they changed their ways since the Bush years? No. Look at how most of them responded to Trump's Syria strike. They all thought that was the beginning of a Syria conflict, which they were giddy about. Luckily, Trump didn't play that game & merely meant for the strike to be a message & not to get into a long drawn out war for regime change.

It also bums me out when liberals are so willing to believe the intelligence agencies when their faulty information got us into the Iraq war quagmire. This is one of many reasons I'm no longer a liberal. I wouldn't be voting for a Republican either if Trump hadn't challenged the neocon orthodoxy in the Republican Party.

Even if the intelligence agencies had seen the "hacked server," I'd still be skeptical since John Podesta & Robby Mook shopped the "RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!" story to friendly media outlets after Hillary's defeat according to Jonathan Allen's (hardly a far-right guy) book Shattered. But the fact that we're supposed to be convinced that it was not only a Russian, not only the Russian government, but it was also Wikileaks working with said government despite not even having access to the server? And I totally believe that Seth Rich had a hit on him. Assange all but confirmed that Seth Rich was in fact the leaker. If you look at the leak, Rich, Awan getting paid vast amounts of money by the DNC even after deemed a threat, and Wasserman Schultz going postal on the police chief who has the laptop tied to Awan and Schultz, it's all way too suspicious for me to believe that these people weren't covering up crimes.

Berzerk wrote:I guess it has to do with what agenda side you are on Snowden if he had done the things he did during the Bush or Trump administration would have been a poster boy but since he did it during Obama administration bias media does not see a story. Look at Cindy Sheehan during the Bush administration she was the poster child for anti war she was on the news almost every day. Then when Obama came into office she was dumped like a used date after prom night due to media agenda bias.

I actually protested with Code Pink at a much younger age. Then when Obama started dropping drones at a faster rate than Bush, the majority of liberals were silent. Not that I'm against all war, as bad people do exist, but I just don't like the left's hypocrisy when their person is in power.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Return to General Chat