Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Wrestling & Fight Fans here?

Wrestling & Fight Fans here?

Postby DCDannyDoom23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 am

I either regularly watch or like / seen these promotions...

(I rarely watch WWE mostly just the ppv's, my mind can't sit through the weekly nonsense & iMPACT formerly TNA wrestling is hard to watch nowadays too at times...)

Ones I watch weekly/monthly
ROH - Ring of Honor
NJPW - New Japan Pro Wrestling
UFC
EVOLVE
RPW - Revolution Pro Wrestling
NXT (wwe developmental)
Lucha Underground

Ones I like but watch every so often or use to watch when still on air...
WCW
ECW
Bellator
PRIDE fighting championship
Strike Force
Pro Wrestling NOAH
Dragon Gate
AJPW
DDT
CZW
BJW
KING OF THE CAGE
AAA
PWG
House of Hardcore
WCPW
XPW
IWA
UWF
Pancrase
NWA
AIW
WRESTLE-1
FMW

I am currently watching this right now.... WALTER vs KEITH LEE (Champ) is going to be great.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spoiler:
http://www.theisozone.com/user-uploads/DCDannyDoom23/ Image
PS3 - DannyDistorted26
:dc: Image BURNER Image :dc:
SUCCESSFUL Transactions with ...
VGA
ELEKTRODOG
MAJESTIC LIZARD
JBETT25
Darkweezil
Anthony817
Dashey10
Master13
jediknight52501
drumcast
ChunLiGloss
catch_2030
zombiegauze
torvik
nodots
Seear
TheOmikronNomadSoul
DCDannyDoom23 7

Custom Title: De Japon!

Re: Wrestling & Fight Fans here?

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 am

I am a HUGE wrestling fan. in fact,i hope after finishing my college to become a wrestler :)

i would very much encourage you to watch the NWA. after corgan bought it he started booking it brilliantly. watch specifically the ten pounds of gold series alongside the jocephus promos and then the "Will storm retire"video :)

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby DCDannyDoom23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:05 am

FFTHEWINNER wrote:I am a HUGE wrestling fan. in fact,i hope after finishing my college to become a wrestler :)

i would very much encourage you to watch the NWA. after corgan bought it he started booking it brilliantly. watch specifically the ten pounds of gold series alongside the jocephus promos and then the "Will storm retire"video :)

I heard Corgan did! It's too bad he could not fix TNA :lol: even back then Paul Heyman asked him for a million dollars to help ECW but that never happened. HUGE fan of Smashing Pumpkins too. :P Good luck wrestling man! I heard NJPW may open a dojo for young lions (rookies) in L.A. soon.

Spoiler:
PS3 - DannyDistorted26
VGA
ELEKTRODOG
MAJESTIC LIZARD
JBETT25
Darkweezil
Anthony817
Dashey10
Master13
jediknight52501
drumcast
ChunLiGloss
catch_2030
zombiegauze
torvik
nodots
Seear
TheOmikronNomadSoul
DCDannyDoom23 7

Postby rawman024 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 am

I grew up on AWA, NWA, later wcw and then WWF. Was a WWE network subscriber til about a year ago and watched it religiously. I also watch ring of honor when i get the chance. I am also a big fan of MMA and watch UFC anytime i find it on, got hooked back when i saw the Forrest griffon vs Stephen Bonner fight, it got its claws into me and i haven't been able to break free.

My systems
Spoiler:
PC: amd-fx 8370 with 2 rx-480 radeon graphics cards
orig xbox softmodded with 2 tb hdd replaced clock capacitor with battery (built several for family members)
ps2 slim
2x ps2 phat with free hdboot 1 sata 1 pata (built several for family members)
ps1
ps1 hardmodded
original nes
rawman024 3

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 am

DCDannyDoom23 wrote:
FFTHEWINNER wrote:I am a HUGE wrestling fan. in fact,i hope after finishing my college to become a wrestler :)

I heard Corgan did! It's too bad he could not fix TNA :lol: even back then Paul Heyman asked him for a million dollars to help ECW but that never happened. HUGE fan of Smashing Pumpkins too. :P Good luck wrestling man! I heard NJPW may open a dojo for young lions (rookies) in L.A. soon.

well,in TNA he was at odds with dixie,NWA is all his own. and paul offered him 10% of ecw for a million,which he believed was way too high an asking price. never listened to SP tbh. only know him through his wrestling stuff
also,noticed that i forgot to include the linik to NWA's youtube page,where you can watch all their stuff since corgan took over. here you go.organised oldest first,as it is better to watch it from the beginning. take a look(especially on what i mentioned) and tell me your thoughts :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHCTJ ... &flow=grid

as for wrestling,i dont live in america,but when i visit i stay in boston,so i will most likely train at Killer Kowalski's school(not to mention that NJPW training is way too extreme for me lol. i intend to focus on Mic skills and promos ala Piper/Dusty,and would never be able to do what they want you to do there :lol: )

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby FreePlayFlorida » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 am

grew up watching WWF and then drifted away from it later years but got back into it, as my daughter got hooked on the Divas matches, and still good old entertainment, off to O2 later this year with her to see it live :D

Spoiler:
Current Collection : Nintendo - NES Classic, SNES Classic, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch Sega - Saturn, Dreamcast, Sony - PS1, PS2 (Phat with HD & Slim), PS3, PS4, Xbox - (Mountain Dew edition/Crystal/Regular with Coinops), 360, 360 JTAG, Xbox One. Handhelds : GB, GBC, GBA, GBA Micro, GBA Slim, DS Phat, DS Slim, DS XL, 2DS, 3DS NXL, PSP, PS Vita OLED, PS Vita Slim, PSTV, Sega Game Gear, Dingoo & Sega Universal Arcade Cab, L&B Arcade Cab, Cashino Video Slot, VertPie Arcade, Pi3 Setup with 50" Plasma.
FreePlayFlorida 4

Postby steven1977 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 am

I have been a wrestling fan for 40 years and have seen countless promotions.

steven1977 6

Postby CBThatGuy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:22 pm

I used to be a cameraman for NWA wrestling. I've got some stories I could tell.

Once hit in the leg with a ladder by Abyss and have gone out drinking with AJ Styles back in 2004. He was the only one who got carded and we all had a laugh at his expense.

Atari 2600
NES, SNES (Everdrive), SupaBoy, Wii (softmod), WiiU
Sega Nomad, Genesis (Everdrive), Dreamcast
Playstation 1 (chipped), 2 (HDLoader), 3 & 4
Xbox (Xecuter 3), Xbox 360 (drive mod)
Game Boy Color, PSP (CFW), PSTV, & DS (Acekard2i), 3DS (modded)
Turbografx 16 (Everdrive)
CBThatGuy 5

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:28 pm

CBThatGuy wrote:I used to be a cameraman for NWA wrestling. I've got some stories I could tell.

Once hit in the leg with a ladder by Abyss and have gone out drinking with AJ Styles back in 2004. He was the only one who got carded and we all had a laugh at his expense.

that is pretty interesting. which NWA affiliate promotion were you a camera man for?
and yes,would love to hear those stories :)

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby CBThatGuy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I worked for CSW (Central States Wrestling) which was the NWA branch in the midwest. I filmed shows in Kansas and Missouri for a year and a half. Good times.

Atari 2600
CBThatGuy 5

Postby Gamerone » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm a wrestling fan 4 Life

I'M ONE WHO LIKES TO PLAY GAMES™
MY UPLOADS

SPY VS SPY
Gamerone 6

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 pm

CBThatGuy wrote:I worked for CSW (Central States Wrestling) which was the NWA branch in the midwest. I filmed shows in Kansas and Missouri for a year and a half. Good times.

that is pretty nice! how were the wrestlers?the crowds? any note worthy events/funny moments? :)

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby CBThatGuy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm

FFTHEWINNER wrote:that is pretty nice! how were the wrestlers?the crowds? any note worthy events/funny moments? :)

The crowds were only about 100-200 people, but a lot of regulars. The local wrestlers were a lot of fun to hang out with, and about every other month there would be a guy from TNA Impact visiting or an old washed up ECW/WWF wrestler who would come out for a match against one of the local headliners.

Abyss was one of the nicest people I ever met and after the match where he accidently hit me, he came up to me to apologize. He felt awful about it and kept asking me if I was okay.

Atari 2600
CBThatGuy 5

Postby VoodooVincent » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Never got into MMA stuff. I fell in love with wrestling because of the entertainment aspect. The characters & storylines are what captivated me in the late '90's. While I had a phase where I watched TNA X-Division, ROH, NJPW, etc., those style of matches start to wear thin after you've seen them so many of 'em, and seeing how NXT & WWE seems to be catering to fans of that style of wrestling, these last couple years haven't done much for me. I think they saw Punk & Bryan's popularity & decided to snatch up more indie guys. The only problem, they could talk & carry storylines unlike most of 'em. Who from the indies that went to WWE since then has shown their passion & ability to be popular faces, popular heels, Bryan's ability to do comedy skits with Kane (the ejaculation one in the diner was great), etc.? Punk & Bryan both pushed for this style of wrestling to take over, however they have changed their minds since then. Punk said in an interview that the locker room was full of essentially larger-than-life stars when he was there, but that's no longer the case with this new roster of people. Bryan has said that he now appreciates how important characters & promos are.

Even though the show sucks now, I fear when Steph & Trips take over. Trips pushes vanilla midgets & Steph wants to use the PC culture & philanthropy shit to boost her own ego & fame. Vince at least understands what a star is. You can see it when he chooses to push guys like Elias (this guy has it), Strowman, Roman, etc. These guys look & act the part. I didn't like Roman once upon a time, but he has grown on me.

My biggest problem with wrestling is that I liked crash TV. I liked how late '90's WWE & WCW were must watch shows. Today's shows generally don't have a nice flow to them & feel slow and boring, whereas the shows during the Monday Night Wars always had something happening, had things happening inside the ring, outside the ring, into the crowd, into the back, into the boiler room, into multiple areas of the arena & not just a select few, outside the arena, in grocery stores, etc. I remember the first Nitro taking place in Mall of America. Wasn't there also a WWF show from atop a skyscraper? What happened to that wrestling? That was fun. You never knew what to expect. Now, however, you not only know what to expect, the show doesn't even match those low expectations. I want wrestling to be fun again. It's not a sport, it's a scripted TV show. If Mr. Robot can get away with dropping an f-bomb on the same network at the same time, why am I left watching a show that's afraid to do anything remotely offensive? When I was watching the Attitude & Ruthless Aggression eras, I never once thought that wrestling would become so sterile, so watered down, so boring, and afraid to push any boundaries. The entire WWE, and society in general, has become the Right to Censor.

Democrats are domestic terrorists.
VoodooVincent 7

Postby jenzie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:13 pm

i'm watching it now ..... this weeks RAW!

been a wrasslin' fan since the seventies on world of sport, through late night hour longs programming from WWF and then NWA/WCW, through wrestlemanias and summerslams ..... even the odd WCW PPV with a german commentary track :lol: i have loads of video taped PPV's and used to get in trouble with my mum for shouting too much at watching my bought wrestling tapes :mrgreen:

used to have skysports and watched it all on there, then getting it "provisionally", and since fridays was also NITRO day that was watched religiously!

only a few years ago i got into MMA too, and see the UFC PPV's and BELLATOR and BAMMA too

pity ICW got canned for being "too adult", then there is 5STAR WRESTLING now on freesports uk ..... almost forgot about IMPACT! i watch that too

don't have the WWE network or other streamers and barely have the time to see them anyway

right now concentrating on setting up my FIRE PRO WRESTLING RETURNS SUPERFEDS 3.0, an all simmed, multi federation MONSTER on emulated PS2 ..... it makes cthulhu look big boned :P

jenzie 2

Postby Randummy1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 pm

rawman024 wrote:I grew up on AWA, NWA, later wcw and then WWF. Was a WWE network subscriber til about a year ago and watched it religiously. I also watch ring of honor when i get the chance. I am also a big fan of MMA and watch UFC anytime i find it on, got hooked back when i saw the Forrest griffon vs Stephen Bonner fight, it got its claws into me and i haven't been able to break free.

I remember the Griffon, Bonner fight. They held NOTHING back!! 8-) 8-) Was friggin awesome!! :D :D

Successfully traded with Vga for PS2 Softmod Kit.
Randummy1 6

Custom Title: Dinosaur farting dust bunnies :)

Postby XC-3730C » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm

I am also a wrestling fan. I love WWE's NXT, which is the only show for a true wrestling fan, as the main roster is full of so-so matches and shameless product placement (I watch RAW and Smackdown on Hulu). TNA was the best post-Monday Night Wars show before it went to Pop in 2016. I am also a HUGE Lucha Underground fan. You have to watch the "No Mas" match - no WWE Diva (the Diva era was a disgrace to female wrestling)/woman would do even a fraction of what Mariposa and Sexy Star did that match!

I never got into MMA/UFC. I liked the early years of UFC when it featured match combos like boxing vs striking, or Sumo vs Muay Thai.

Old school RGB systems I own:
Spoiler:
AV Famicom w/ NES2RGB + FDS drive w/write mod
SNES
N64
Sega Genesis 1/Sega CD 1, Super Magic Drive Plus
Sega Saturn w/mod chip + AR 4-in1
Atari Jaguar w/Jag CD
3DO (RGB modded)
PSX w/stealth chip
PS2 w/ network adapter, 120gb HDD, FMCB
Neo Geo MVS

HDTV capable systems I own:
Spoiler:
Alienware Alpha i3, 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD
Nvidia Shield TV (Android)
Xbox 360 phat Jasper RGH'd
PS3 Slim with CFW

Other systems:
Spoiler:
Gamecube platinum w/Viper case, Qoob SX, GBA player
Dreamcast w/GDemu, 128gb SD
Original Xbox v1.6 + X3 chip, green Ghostcase, 2TB HDDHitachi HDD/DVD
XC-3730C 7

Custom Title: We've obtained retro greatness...

Postby wakinafuf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 pm

i used to watch the WWF,ECW and WCW, first gen UFC.
i totaly quitted murican wrestling, when it became the WWE it's just gone to shit..... nowadays i turned to the NJPW, the strong style puroresu is really not bad.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby DCDannyDoom23 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 am

wakinafuf wrote:i used to watch the WWF,ECW and WCW, first gen UFC.
i totaly quitted murican wrestling, when it became the WWE it's just gone to shit..... nowadays i turned to the NJPW, the strong style puroresu is really not bad.

I was waiting for someone to mention NJPW! :lol:
Appreciate the replies everyone.

Spoiler:
PS3 - DannyDistorted26
VGA
ELEKTRODOG
MAJESTIC LIZARD
JBETT25
Darkweezil
Anthony817
Dashey10
Master13
jediknight52501
drumcast
ChunLiGloss
catch_2030
zombiegauze
torvik
nodots
Seear
TheOmikronNomadSoul
DCDannyDoom23 7

Postby DCDannyDoom23 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:33 am

Randummy1 wrote:
rawman024 wrote:I grew up on AWA, NWA, later wcw and then WWF. Was a WWE network subscriber til about a year ago and watched it religiously. I also watch ring of honor when i get the chance. I am also a big fan of MMA and watch UFC anytime i find it on, got hooked back when i saw the Forrest griffon vs Stephen Bonner fight, it got its claws into me and i haven't been able to break free.

I remember the Griffon, Bonner fight. They held NOTHING back!! 8-) 8-) Was friggin awesome!! :D :D

I remember that fight! The first finale was great.

Spoiler:
PS3 - DannyDistorted26
VGA
ELEKTRODOG
MAJESTIC LIZARD
JBETT25
Darkweezil
Anthony817
Dashey10