Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

X92 Android tv box,remote doesn't work well anymore help!!

X92 Android tv box,remote doesn't work well anymore help!!

Postby Xam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 am

Hi all, i have problems with my x92 Android tv box (ram 2 gb),i'm looking for the Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl original file or the keylayout full folder, (location: system/usr/keylayout)
i've replaced the original file with another one and now my remote doesn't work well ,i've tried factory reset but doesn't work...please help me thanks!
:o :o :o

consoles i own

hardmodded xbox 1 with 750 gb harddrive
hardmodded playstation 1
Xam 3

Custom Title: XBox is my life!

Re: X92 Android tv box,remote doesn't work well anymore help

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Looks like every vendor selling these units bundles a completely different remote with them.

Is there a model number printed inside or out on the remote to determine it's model number?

Where'd you purchase your X92? Do they still have the same model for sale?

I'm guessing this is your system posted on another website:

image_26063 (370x287px).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaos_engr 6

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Prometheus Universal Remote Setup for AmLogic Board IR outlines the process of creating/configuring a new /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl file and /system/etc/remote.conf to restore remote control functionality.

You need to install a SSH/SFTP Daemon compatible with your device from the Google Play Store. (Use a mouse plugged into a USB port to control the system until you've restored a working remote control configuration).

Follow the forum post by cde (same as first link in this post) to obtain the keycodes for each button on your remote. (Or, download the factory firmware and re-flash the device.)

If that all sounds too risky, sounds like time to contact the vendor to obtain an RMA and send the unit back to them for, hopefully, warranty repair.

kaos_engr 6

Postby Xam » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:53 am

my remote doesn't have any identification number,i hope someone have the same box with the same remote and can upload the vendor 001.kl file (it's the simplest way to solve this problem)...otherwise i can do my device for rma !

consoles i own

hardmodded xbox 1 with 750 gb harddrive
hardmodded playstation 1
Xam 3

Custom Title: XBox is my life!

Return to Gadgets & Technology