Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Unscrupulous Plug for Software you need !

Unscrupulous Plug for Software you need !

Postby ZX81v2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:46 pm

What We Do

Sandboxie uses isolation technology to separate programs from your underlying operating system preventing unwanted changes from happening to your personal data, programs and applications that rest safely on your hard drive.
Web Browsing

Secure your favorite web browser and block malicious software, viruses, ransom-ware and zero day threats by isolating such attacks in the Sandbox; leaving your system protected
Email

Run your favorite email program in Sandboxie so you never have to worry about suspicious attachments or spear phishing attacks
Data Protection

Sandboxie prevents internet websites and programs from modifying your personal data (i.e. My Documents), files & folders on your system
Application Testing

Safely test and try new programs and applications within Sandboxie and prevent unauthorized changes to your underlying system that may occur
Sandboxie Supports

Windows 7 through 10
Legacy Operating Systems such as Windows XP
Available in both 32 and 64 bit versions
All major web browsers; Chrome; FireFox; CyberFox; Opera; IE 6-11 & more
Microsoft office Suite, PDF and Multimedia files
Constantly stay updated with the latest version updates for free
Requires less than 6mb of hard drive space with simple installation

https://www.sandboxie.com/

Seriously, for all you "Oh my god ! It's gonna kill my PC", users
Not sure, run the downloaded program in the sandbox
Anti Virus says it's a virus - Sandbox it and see, 99% of time it's not a virus...

Life Hacker Review

ZX81v2 13

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Re: Unscrupulous Plug for Software you need !

Postby Tingler42DD69 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Been using Sandboxie for years and years. Love it! It won't allow old 16 bit programs to run directly on it,though...something about not being able to be secure enough to run them...I think. You CAN run DOSBox IN Sandboxie as a way to possibly work around this, I believe, IF you can get DOSBox to run the program itself. Also, it seems that old time Windows Vista users will now not be able to run the newest Sandboxie versions anymore but the older versions should still be fine for most of your needs/experiments. I THINK that this also applies to Win XP as well, but I'm not 100% sure of this. It's "good stuff" so definitely give it a try! AND it's FREE!! :D :D

Tingler42DD69 4

Return to Gadgets & Technology