Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

World's Oldest Person Dies in Japan at Age of 117

World's Oldest Person Dies in Japan at Age of 117

Postby Zerohour2k12 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:05 am

TOKYO (AP) -- The world's oldest person, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died.

Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital Saturday evening in the town of Kikai in southern Japan, town official Susumu Yoshiyuki confirmed. She had been hospitalized since January.

Tajima, born on Aug. 4, 1900, was the last known person born in the 19th century. She raised seven sons and two daughters and reportedly had more than 160 descendants, including great-great-great grandchildren. Her town of Kikai is a small island of about 7,000 people halfway between Okinawa and Kyushu, the southernmost of Japan's four main islands.

She became the world's oldest person seven months ago after the death in September of Violet Brown in Jamaica, also at the age of 117. Video shown on Japanese television showed Tajima moving her hands to the beat of music played on traditional Japanese instruments at a ceremony to mark the achievement.

The U.S.-based Gerontology Research Group says that another Japanese woman, Chiyo Miyako, is now the world's oldest person in its records. Miyako lives south of Tokyo in Kanagawa prefecture, and is due to turn 117 in 10 days.

Guinness World Records certified 112-year-old Masazo Nonaka of northern Japan as the world's oldest man earlier this month, and was planning to recognize Tajima as the world's oldest person.

Now, That's Longevity!!!
Rest In Peace Grandma.... :( :)
You've Certainly Lived Life to the Fullest!!!

My Uploads
Now Playing
Bully Scholarship Edition
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Onimusha
Blood Will Tell
SSX Tricky
Star Wars - Republic Commando
Contract JACK
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Zwei - The Arges Adventure
Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box
Lord of Arcana
Darksiders - Wrath of War
Zerohour2k12 8

Custom Title: LeftyGuyGamerDude :)

Re: World's Oldest Person Dies in Japan at Age of 117

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 am

RIP. hope she enjoyed her life,and she goes to heaven :)

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby SEGApl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 pm

I cannot imagine what style of life she led to achieve this age. I wanna know her secret. :)

SEGApl Newbie

Postby Randummy1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:20 pm

SEGApl wrote:I cannot imagine what style of life she led to achieve this age. I wanna know her secret. :)

Just did a quick Google on traditional Japanese cuisine. I would imagine a very healthy diet with rice, vegetables, fish and soup with the vegetables being seasonal. I should have listened to my parents regarding vegetables. :lol:

Successfully traded with Vga for PS2 Softmod Kit.
Randummy1 6

Custom Title: Dinosaur farting dust bunnies :)

Postby SEGApl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Randummy1 wrote:
SEGApl wrote:I cannot imagine what style of life she led to achieve this age. I wanna know her secret. :)

Just did a quick Google on traditional Japanese cuisine. I would imagine a very healthy diet with rice, vegetables, fish and soup with the vegetables being seasonal. I should have listened to my parents regarding vegetables. :lol:

The secret is based in count of everything - basic rule of chemistry, including everything around our environment. :>

SEGApl Newbie

Postby Gunby » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 am

Thats really amazing to live to that age! I wonder what was her secret? I wonder how long her husband lived too?

Gunby 3

Custom Title: Retired XBOX GTA Modder

Return to News & Politics