Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Female Doctor Who

Female Doctor Who

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 am

So to all the Doctor Who fans out there - What do you think about the 13th Doctor being a female?

I've never been much of a fan since the Doctor Who reboot. They've all had far too much PC rubbish in them.

I plan on getting the old Doctor Who box sets one day, when I've given up on gaming and just waste my days watching old episodes. :)

MasterOfAll 8

Re: Female Doctor Who

Postby Kato_7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 am

MasterOfAll wrote:
I've never been much of a fan since the Doctor Who reboot. They've all had far too much PC rubbish in them.

yeah agree thats the main reason why I'm really not worried about the new casting which will probably just push more PC rubbish. Any Doctor who ill be watching in the future will be old school

Consoles taking refuge in my room:

Ps1 & Psone w/ Modchip
Ps2 (PHAT) Free McBoot v1.94 120GB Maxtor IDE OPL 0.9.2
Ps3 320GB Slim (Stock)
PSP CFW PRO-C2
1.4 Xbox - Tsop Flashed, 80GB HDD
1.4 Xbox - Tsop Flashed, 250GB HDD
1.6 Xbox - Rocky's Softmod, 80GB HDD
Sega Mega Drive (Stock)
Sega Dreamcast (Stock)
Nintendo WII/U (Stock for now)
NES (Stock)

Laptop & PC's

Core I5 - 6500 3.2, 16GB DDR4, MSI GeForce 950 2GB OC Edition, Windows 7 Professional.
Dell Latitude D820 15.4" Core Duo T2400 CPU @ 1.83 GHz , 512MB NVIDIA Quadro, 2GB DDR2, 120GB HDD, Windows XP.
Kato_7 3

Custom Title: Dynamite McClain

Postby wakinafuf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 am

getting a female 13th doctor Who is SJW feminist bullshit. it's the same turdish crap as Ghosbusters 3. RIP doctor Who.

and yup the old generation of doctors is the best of all.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 4

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby Majestic_Lizard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 am

MasterOfAll wrote:So to all the Doctor Who fans out there - What do you think about the 13th Doctor being a female?

I plan on getting the old Doctor Who box sets one day, when I've given up on gaming and just waste my days watching old episodes. :)

The ratings have gone way, way down. It is a desperate ploy, not a political statement. This is something they do when a show is about to be scuttled.

I liked the earlier episodes, especially Tom Baker's version. However, I also liked the Christopher Eccleston version (12 years ago), but didn't much like the series when he left.

I haven't followed it in recent years, but the writing was getting pretty lame and stale the last time I checked it out. Political undertones (leftist, rightest, or otherwise) are often a quality of bad writing.

Majestic_Lizard 13

Custom Title: I can squirt blood from my eyes at will.

Postby FreePlayFlorida » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

wasnt really a fan of the old old DW, but found it once they rebooted it with eccleston, and then tennant, some of the best episodes of TV, good character play off with Rose etc, heck even liked Donna! but grew tired of it when Matt Smith took over, and the last one, didnt even bother watching at all, as from the bits I saw, was the companion in charge, and was very dull, it could be interesting with a female doctor, will give it a shot, but really comes down to the writing as well

Current Collection : Nintendo - NES Classic, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Sega - Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sony - PS1, PS2 (Phat with HD & Slim), PS3, PS4, Xbox - (Mountain Dew edition/Crystal/Regular with Coinops), 360, 360 JTAG, Xbox One. Handhelds : GB, GBC, GBA, DS Phat, DS Slim, 2DS, 3DS NXL, PSP, PS Vita, PSTV, Dingoo & Sega Universal Arcade Cab, L&B Arcade Cab, Multicade, Pi3 Setup with 50" Plasma.
FreePlayFlorida 3

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am

I generally agree with sentiments here. Stinks of patronising BBC style PCness where some committee has decided the best way to appear 'inclusive' in regard to a racial minority, sexual orientation or on gender grounds is to shoehorn an actor/actress who ticks the the boxes into an existing series.

What they should be doing is commissioning more new series with strong female and/or ethnic minority leads. But that's much too problematic to contemplate for 'good old Auntie Beeb' because there's the danger that not enough people will watch it. So we get this sort of thing where an existing worldwide popular series is lumbered with an out of character main character and viewers just have to suck it up.

I've dipped in and out of the new era Dr.Who over the last ten or more years and really only liked Matt Smith in the role. He bought a refreshing lightness and irreverence to the series. It also helped that he was allowed what felt like an unforced openly, if innocent, flirtatious relationship with his 'companions'.

Now I really don't care if it disappears up it's own PC, turgid, often poorly written, self-referencing fundament.

Last edited by HisDivineShadow on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HisDivineShadow 8

Postby HandySolo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Doctor Who is dead he/she forgot to lay down.

HandySolo 2

Postby stillcool » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 pm

No I like it, I hope it works I really do, it was working it's way in so I knew from Missy (latest Master) onwards that time lords can be any gender, and there was a Gallifrey heavy episode when a male officer 'died' and came back on screen as female so it was obvious.

I liked Peter Capaldi and thought he was going to stick it out for longer, notice that he sounds like Tom Baker when you can't see his face but looks like Jon Pertwee from the back.

As long as she doesn't go round pretending to be in the Scottish Widows adverts.

For those who havn't seen Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor..

& The Scottish Widows lady..

Damn YouTube for putting the titles on the videos !

Some Of My Gear & How They Connect
Spoiler:
Dreamcast - VGA or S-Video
Gamecube - RGB (Scart)
SNES & SD2SNES - RGB (Scart)
PS1 - Chipped Grey SCPH-9002 - S-Video
PS2 - Silver Phat SCPH-50003 + 500GB HDD Chipped - Component
PS2 - Aqua Phat SCPH-50003 + 1TB & SATA Adapter - S-Video
PS3 - Blue CECH-4003C Super Slim + 320GB HDDs - HDMI
PS3 - CECHG03 Phat + 500GB HDD - Component
Saturn - v1 chipped - S-Video
Xbox - Chipped with Xecuter v2.6 and 120GB HDD - Component
Xbox 360 - Phat with 80Gb HDD - VGA, HDMI or Component
Wii - Soft Modded - RGB (Scart)
Wii - Soft Modded - Wii2HDMI
Wii U - HDMI
stillcool 9

Postby HandySolo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes they got Hilary Clinton to play Doctor Who. Smooth move BBC.

HandySolo 2

Postby Orientaldevil9 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm

stillcool wrote:No I like it, I hope it works I really do, it was working it's way in so I knew from Missy (latest Master) onwards that time lords can be any gender, and there was a Gallifrey heavy episode when a male officer 'died' and came back on screen as female so it was obvious.

I liked Peter Capaldi and thought he was going to stick it out for longer, notice that he sounds like Tom Baker when you can't see his face but looks like Jon Pertwee from the back.

As long as she doesn't go round pretending to be in the Scottish Widows adverts.

For those who havn't seen Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor..

& The Scottish Widows lady..

Damn YouTube for putting the titles on the videos !

TimeLords never switched genders in the old series. It only occurred recently under that fucker who took over the show and destroyed it. Sure I loved Ramana. It would be nice to see a spin off with a strong Galifreyian female lead, but this is just more PC bullshit.

Stop taking over old characters and stories and rewriting them with PoC and women. It is not original. It never works - the Ghostbusters reboot!. And it is obviously pandering to the fringe cultural Marxist on the left.

I truly liked Ecelston and Tennant. But once Smith game on board, I saw the writing on the wall. Dr. Who is dead. Now it is just buried. If I want a Dr. Who fix, I will go old school to Baker or new old school to Tennant

PSP 3001 CFW 6.60
PSTV with CFW
Wii 4.3U Softmod with WiiKey Fusion
DS Lite Acekard 2i & EZ Flash 3-in-1
Original Softmodded XBox
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox One

Marketplace:
atreyu187 10/10
psyko_chewbacca 10/10
vga 10/10
zombiegauze 10/10
mightysubzero 0/10

Orientaldevil9 5

Postby classyskeleton » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 pm

On one hand I can understand those who get 'upset' at the poor attempts to shovel the modern interpretation of 'diversity' on everything... but then I remember something very important :

pop-culture != culture

Investing in this is absurd.

Last edited by classyskeleton on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
classyskeleton 3

Postby Orientaldevil9 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 pm

FreePlayFlorida wrote:wasnt really a fan of the old old DW, but found it once they rebooted it with eccleston, and then tennant, some of the best episodes of TV, good character play off with Rose etc, heck even liked Donna! but grew tired of it when Matt Smith took over, and the last one, didnt even bother watching at all, as from the bits I saw, was the companion in charge, and was very dull, it could be interesting with a female doctor, will give it a shot, but really comes down to the writing as well

I grew up on the old series. But my woman was introduced to Dr. Who with the reboot. She and I did like Tennant, Eccleston, Rose (loved her!), Capt. Jack, Donna, but then Moffet took over with that pussy Smith. And yes, the companions, all women starting domming the 900 year old Time Lord. They made him their bitches. We struggled through only because of characters like Rory. Finally, we could barely watch Capaldi, and I had high hopes for him after the child they got in Smith. But no, it was not to be. I saw the PC writing on the wall with the new PoC LGBT chick and now we got a woman Dr. Who. Whatever canon or original story was there is gone. This is now just a PC reboot and it will suck as bad as Ghostbusters did. The show is dead and folks aren't going to watch it.

PSP 3001 CFW 6.60
PSTV with CFW
Wii 4.3U Softmod with WiiKey Fusion
DS Lite Acekard 2i & EZ Flash 3-in-1
Original Softmodded XBox
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox One

Marketplace:
atreyu187 10/10
psyko_chewbacca 10/10
vga 10/10
zombiegauze 10/10
mightysubzero 0/10

Orientaldevil9 5

Postby goat813 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:57 pm

I hope it's because the story was leading up to it happening, with the master being a woman as a hint to what could happen. They've hinted that Timelords can regenerate into any type of species. They've always had strong female leads so I hope this isn't an attempt to cash in a please the feminist crowd. If the story goes with it than that's great. I didn't like Smith when he took over and he grew on me, then I was pissed with Peter came along and he grew on me too. I'm guessing it'll be the same with her now too. I love DW and have been a fan for a LONG time. I do think that she might be a quick doctor though but you can never tell. I thought Peter would hang around for more than he did but it is what it is.

Xbox S/N SpiderGoat813
Playstation S/N SpiderGoat1984
Steam S/N SpiderGoat813 add me and lets play some games!
goat813 6

Postby Massamo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm

one step closer to taking over lol

if we could get our shit together and stop paying attention to real housewives bullshit, we'd run this shit already

Steam: Massamo
PSN: Massamo84
XBL: Massamo
Twitter: @Massamo
Youtube: Massamo
Origin: Massamo
Nintendo: SW-8374-1430-4238

Consoles List
Spoiler:
Consoles:
Super Nintendo
Sega Mega Drive 2
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2
Xbox
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Xbox One S
Playstation 4 Pro
Playstation
Nintendo Switch

Handheld:
Game Boy
Game Boy Advance
PSP

Pc:
AMD FX 9590 5.0GHz
32GB at 2400MHz of RAM
CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
ASUS GTX TITAN X 12GB SLI

Screen:
Samsung U28D590D 4k monitor
Massamo 5

Postby Randummy1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

I discovered Dr. Who when David Tennant was The Doctor. Smith grew on me but now I'm just lost. Capaldi just didn't do it for me. Bring back Tennant!!

Successfully traded with Vga for PS2 Softmod Kit.
Randummy1 5

Custom Title: Dinosaur farting dust bunnies :)

Postby Biggsy666 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:07 pm

I was so happy when Capaldi got the gig, but i was expecting more of this:

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES
SNES x2
N64 x2
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 x2
Xbox (soft mod 160gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My custom Console Projects
Biggsy666 9

Postby cat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Not a massive fan of the dr for the last 8 years or so, shows scripts have got gradually worse over time and i'll be honest and say i've not seen peter capaldi as the dr once.
A female dr just isn't right and i think it'll go down like a lead balloon with the fan's.
I'll stick with john pertwee and tom baker, the best two dr's and the best stories by a country mile they will never be beaten.
On the plus side looks like the sonic screwdrivers gonna take on a whole new meaning for the time lady.

Consoles I Own

Spoiler:
My systems....

snes x 2 and 16 mb wildcard
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Master system
Megadrive x 4
Mega CD
32X
Saturn x 3
Dreamcast
Neo AES
NGCD
Neo CMVS
3DO x 2 FZ-1 and FZ-10
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBOX x3
XBOX 360
Sega nomad
Game gear
PSP x 4
GBA
DS x 2
Cocktail cab with mame
cat 7

Custom Title: shmup fan wanna try to beat me hahaha, good luck..

Postby tamlin1066 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Old PBS [aghhmm excuse me ] BBC Dr.Who fan Tom Baker and the new one Tennant did liked him.. Don't mention Rose I'll get all weepy and Sh*t..Yeah why not a female Dr. and true " On the plus side looks like the sonic screwdrivers gonna take on a whole new meaning for the time lady. ". Hey all networks screw with stuff and cut short good shows in lew of crap or to make a movie to try to cash in on unfortunately a crap idea..personally, just stick a fork in it, they killed the Dr.and in trying to keep it up their just preforming necrophilia... someone says "EXTERMINATE"

tamlin1066 Newbie

Postby DiscoBitch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Kato_7 wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:I've never been much of a fan since the Doctor Who reboot. They've all had far too much PC rubbish in them.

yeah agree thats the main reason why I'm really not worried about the new casting which will probably just push more PC rubbish. Any Doctor who ill be watching in the future will be old school

I too don't care about the reboot - I gave up on it after a few episodes of the first series - I liked Christopher Eccleston but the plots were shite. I'm only interested in the old school stuff from the 60s up to 1989, and not that horrible mid-90s TV movie. I was a big fan of Doctor Who as a child in the 80s. I'm also a major fan of the theme music (again 60s to 80s), it must be the best ever.
I don't mind the Doctor being female though, why not, it's kind of a novel idea.

DiscoBitch 3

Custom Title: Unspoilt By Progress

Postby acr250rider » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 pm

The new DR. Who can be a Black-Asian man who under goes a sex change operation and becomes a Hot Black-Asian woman. Now I would probably watch that. And all the PC stuff is taken care of. That woman off of Spartacus character (Naevia) played by Cynthia Addai-Robinson is pretty hot. The first (Naevia) played by Lesley-Ann Brandt is already on Lucifer.

Spoiler:
Systems owned:
(2) Nintendo
(3) Sega Genesis/ (1) Cd /32X
(2) Super Nintendo
(2) Nintendo 64
(2) Sony PS1 1 REGULAR / 1 Chipped
(2) Soft Modded PS2 Phat
Dreamcast
Panasonic 3do
(4) soft modded Original Xbox
Pokémon Gale of Darkness Gamecube W/GBA Player.
(2) Xbox 360 1 Slim/1 Phat
(2) Ps3`s one jailbroken one not.
(2) Soft modded Wii
(2) PS4
Xbox one
(2) Wii U
Saturn (running Pseudo).
Sony PSP 6.20 Pro-B9 permanent .
acr250rider 6

Custom Title: Its all good Bro!

Next

Return to News & Politics