Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

What? What?

What? What?

Postby Berzerk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:09 pm

The World Health Organization will stop classifying transgender people as mentally ill.

WHO classifies 'gaming disorder' as mental health condition.

:?:

Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Re: What? What?

Postby RUMBLE » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Well....

A gaming disorder. Politicians can now place a tax, this has already been discussed in a different post on TiZ, on game sales now. So you can imagine that in the sue happy USA, it will only be a matter of time before game devs are going to be held responsible for this, and the lawsuits will start.

Forget the fact that parents should be parenting, and limiting a kids time on ANY electronic device. Phone, console, computer, you get the idea. No, they won't do that. They will wait until the fire burns down the house and then sue someone for the fact that their kid can't do anything but stare at a wall in a padded room, or the child takes their own life because "The hero in the game told me to".

Slightly off topic....

I'm seeing this more and more. A child commits suicide because of cyberbullying. Or that is what you hear about. Hate to tell anyone this, but bully's have been around for a lot longer than any of us. Anyway, the parents want to sue someone for this. Don't really know who. If they took more of an active involvement in their child's life, when they were alive, perhaps they may have seen the warning signs, and prevented it. Talk to the kid, find out what is going on in their life, and help where you can.

It may be considered cold, but I don't feel for parents who are like this. Yep, I know that parenting doesn't come with a manual, and all the manual's that have been written about it are a big pile of badukey. You learn as you go and ask when you are unsure.

Dr. Spock, supposedly a child expert, had his own son commit suicide. Yep, sounds like an expert to me....

NES, SNES
Atari Lynx
Sega Gensis (x2)
DS Lite, DSi XL (R4 cards for both of them)
3DS XL - Softmodded
PSP 1000 (x4 CFW)
PSP 2000 (x3 CFW)
PS2 Phattie (x4 All with mod chips & HDs)
PS2 Slimmy (Does movies only now)
PS2 v12 Slim (Don't know what to do with this....)
Xbox Limited Edition Mountain Dew Chipped -- Needs to be fixed, again
Xbox v1.0, soft modded
Xbox v1.0, Has R&O flashing ring
Xbox 360 (x2) -- One has an XKey in it
Wii Soft modded... (x2)
Sega Dreamcast (x2)
Sega Saturn Chipped
Another PS2 phatty with a bad laser. Needed a good home.

I ain't gettin on no plane Hannibal...
RUMBLE 5

Postby Berzerk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

I just think it’s really odd. The only thing I can think of making gaming a disorder for tax taking transgender off disorder making healthcare pay for the operation. It just ticks me off that I am now considered a freak compared to a guy who wants to cut his joystick off. I really do want to see where the money comes from for WHO and the political leanings of these so called experts that are the last word at WHO. That’s like telling me this guy has no issues.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Berzerk on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Postby Zerohour2k12 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm

The heck's that supposed to mean??? :twisted: that just plain wrong..... decided on that on their whims.... dang experts..... :facepalm:

My Uploads
Now Playing
Bully Scholarship Edition
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Fatal Frame III - The Tormented
Blood Will Tell
SSX Tricky
Star Wars - Republic Commando
No One Lives Forever GOTY
Soul Calibur - Broken Destiny
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Zwei - The Arges Adventure
Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box
Lord of Arcana
Darksiders - Wrath of War
Zerohour2k12 8

Custom Title: LeftyGuyGamerDude :)

Postby Biggsy666 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:02 pm

What about a transgender person with a gaming addiction? :lol:

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My Custom Projects Click Here
Biggsy666 13

Custom Title: The Reverend

Postby duwen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 pm

The only issue I have with either of these topics is the generalization... there will still be trans people that suffer from mental health issues connected to their gender issues (a comparatively large number compared to the 'binary genders'), and there will be people classified as having gaming disorders that could be classified as 'normal'.
Will 'gaming disorder' extend to sports fanatics?

My...
Spoiler:
Handhelds:
Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, NDS,
3DS & N3DS XL, PS Vita

Consoles:
Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, SNES Mini/Jr, Neo-Geo CD, Playstation,
Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube (w/ Gameboy Player), Wii, Playstation 3,
Xbox 360, Wii U, Playstation 4 Pro

Computers:
48k Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Commodore Amiga A1200, Win PC

Other:
Pandoras Box 4S+, Android devices
duwen 4

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Postby 6gunn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Berzerk wrote:The World Health Organization will stop classifying transgender people as mentally ill.

WHO classifies 'gaming disorder' as mental health condition.

:?:

Probably some mentally ill transgender World Health Organization doctor.
Hereafter to be known as Dr. WHO.

6gunn 6

Custom Title: catwacker

Postby Moandain » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:25 pm

I reject their (WHO) supposid expert opinion and false authority.

@signaure = <Insert_Smart_and_wise_comment>

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
NES FRONT LOADER
SNES
SNES jr
N64
Gamecube
Wii x2
Wiiu
GBA
GBA SP
3DS XL
ATARI 2600 JR
ATARI 5200
ATARI 7800
ATARI JAGUAR
ATARI LYNX
3DO
CD-I
INTELLIVISION
COMMODORE 64
RADIOSHACK TRS80 COLOR
TG-16
PC-FX
MASTER SYSTEM
GENESIS/32X/CD MODEL 2
GENESIS MODEL 2
SATURN X2
DREAMCAST
GAMEGEAR
NOMAD
NEO GEO AES
NEO GEO POCKET COLOR
XBOX X2
XBOX 360 X2
XBOX ONE
PS1 X2
psone w/ screen
PS2 FAT X2
PS3 SLIM X2
PSP 3000
VITA 1001
PSTV
RETROPIE

My YouTube
Moandain 4

Postby VoodooVincent » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm of two beliefs.

1. I think everyone should live as they want to live, as long as they're not hurting other people. If you're a transgender person, I will treat you like a fellow human being & love you if you're a good & decent person.

2. There's a reason they call themselves "transgender" -- they're not really that gender! Listen, if you want to identify as the other gender, I'm fine with that. But men transitioning to women can't give birth & women transitioning to men can't grow a real penis. These are facts. Just because you identify as one, that doesn't make you one. If this is considered "hateful," I'm sorry, but I deal in facts & the real world. I love you as a fellow human being, but I'm not willing to lie to make you happy.

Sorry, this isn't normal:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/health/t ... index.html

Democrats are domestic terrorists.
VoodooVincent 7

Postby madbuzzin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 pm

What are we to do with the B's??? They're transphobic because they only view 2 genders... damn bisexuals and their transphobic behavior....

fuck all this gender trans bullshit talk... we all know there are 2 genders, even if you are born with a dick AND a vag and are technically a hermaphrodite, you will still look like EITHER a boy or a girl. and if you think genders are fluid or some shit, go take a vist to the middle east and see if you can "bring awareness to the "cause"" there... fuckin retards...

madbuzzin 3

Postby wakinafuf » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:20 pm

and the next time ; islam, atheism and agnostism will be declared mental illnesses too.

come on ! take your pills ! it's free of charge !
Spoiler:

pure thorazine, it will cure all of your mental illnesses !!

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby sasapinjic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:24 pm

What about a transgender person with a gaming addiction who is also , for example , top of the rank General ? :lol:

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby Tingler42DD69 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

sasapinjic wrote:What about a transgender person with a gaming addiction who is also , for example , top of the rank General ? :lol:

It kind of reminds me of Kim Jong-Un of North Korea! :lol: :lol:

Tingler42DD69 4

Postby Biggsy666 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 pm

sasapinjic wrote:What about a transgender person with a gaming addiction who is also , for example , top of the rank General ? :lol:

Thats whats known as a triple threat in WHO circles :?

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My Custom Projects Click Here
Biggsy666 13

Custom Title: The Reverend

Postby PhysicistSarah » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just happened to be watching this thread, and aren't even active on this website at all normally. I just so happened to be looking at an old version of Jump Start 3rd Grade (Pretty much my favorite education game from my childhood) (I wonder what made me go into science given my love of science-fiction :D).

I just wanted to address some points that might seem more obvious to me since I'm transgender myself.

Being transgender in and of itself is not a mental disorder. Not just because I'm saying that, but because many medical organizations and experts say the same thing, such as the American Psychological Association & WPATH.

It essentially boils down to this: trans people who have completed transition are still transgender people. They no longer have serious mental stress related to their body (For the most part) and live as the gender that their brain say we are in society. It doesn't make any sense to say that they would still have a mental disorder.

Whereas trans people who have not completed transition may still have very hard feelings (To put it politely, this is like saying being tortured by the North Koreans in the earlier post is "Unpleasant") arising from the conflict between brain and body. Where your brain says that you are one gender due to a probable error in early gender development. (The exact cause of someone to be transgender isn't known, there are only competing hypothesis currently)

This is why (Among other reasons) why classifying trans people as having a mental disorder is inaccurate. Trans people who have gender dysphoria, have a mental disorder, which is treated by transitioning to their target gender.

With regards to gaming addiction being created. I mean, people are addicted to just about everything. If you can name the subject, there is probably someone addicted to it. To name a few: coffee, making money, sex, drugs, DND, gaming, art, maths...

Also, don't think that trans people are so far off all the time. After all, your computer uses performance optimizations, and VLSI, which was, in part, made by trans people ;D Look up Lynn Conway wikipedia page. She's an electrical engineer that develoed performance optimizations for computer architectures and worked on the VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration of computer chips)

Hope this helped, and happy summer solstice everyone! Enjoy the longest day of the year! (I would have posted a lot of links to supporting material, but I can't apparently.)

What's the best part about being trans? This isn't even my final form...

PhysicistSarah Newbie

Postby wakinafuf » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:25 pm

you're banned for not eating general society pills.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby erik1977 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 pm

Don't forget who funds the organizations like the UN and WHO. It's mostly big time banks that can dictate societal changes or they pull the funding. That's why these shit orgs do what they do. They're all corrupt f**kheads.

Systems I currently own:

Spoiler:
Playstation (modchip)
Xbox 360 slim
PS3 slim

Gaming PCs:

Win7 x64 desktop (Athlon II X2 250 3ghz, 2gb ram, Radeon x1650 512mb)
WinXP desktop (Athlon XP 2800+ 2.1ghz, 2gb ram, Radeon X800GTO 256mb)
Win98SE desktop (Pentium 3 550mhz, 320mb ram, Geforce TI4200 128mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 12mb)
Win95 desktop (Pentium 133mhz, 40mb ram, Matrox Mystique 4mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 8mb)
Win95 laptop (Pentium 166MMX, 32mb ram)
DOS 6.22 laptop (486DX2 50mhz, 8mb ram)
erik1977 7

Postby acr250rider » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 am

The fact that one identifies as Man/Woman or both doesn't necessary bother me. The fact that you tell me that I have to find either sexual attractive does. Also if they want to label people who play video games mentally unstable, than what are all of these celebrities and Politicians than! Sane members of society?

:lovetiz:

Spoiler:
Systems owned:
(2) Nintendo
(3) Sega Genesis/ (1) Cd /32X
(2) Super Nintendo
(2) Nintendo 64
(2) Sony PS1 1 REGULAR / 1 Chipped
(2) Soft Modded PS2 Phat
Dreamcast
Panasonic 3do
(4) soft modded Original Xbox
Pokémon Gale of Darkness Gamecube W/GBA Player.
(2) Xbox 360 1 Slim/1 Phat
(2) Ps3`s one jailbroken one not.
(2) Soft modded Wii
(2) PS4
Xbox one
(2) Wii U
Saturn (running Pseudo).
Sony PSP 6.20 Pro-B9 permanent .
acr250rider 7

Custom Title: Its all good Bro, Lets just play some games!

Postby sasapinjic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 am

If there is some logic in making decisions of who is sane or unstable , Politicians and big shots should be first to be in category of mentally unstable .
Making everyday decisions that will fire-off , ruin or kill many lives sound very mentally ill to me , but on other hand , i have 'gaming disorder' , so what the heck i know ? :roll:

wakinafuf wrote:

you're banned for not eating general society pills.

Pills are for weaklings , real man drink Rakija ! :lol:

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby ZX81v2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 am

Life's all about stereotypes and being Biased towards others and even things...
Mankind; we are programmed from birth to accept what ever is told to us, no matter how dumb it sounds. Is the world round or flat ? How do you know? You read it in a book.....?!

We are constantly bombarded with "how you should live","what you should eat","What you should look like", Follow the heard... Listen to others opinion cos your's don't matter...

Wake up people ! Life is short and gets faster all the time....

WHO have to have something to fight against so next week, "Watching TV Soaps is a mental illness...."

Also remember the "Government is made by the people FOR the people", shame most politicians don't remember this.... We need faster ways of getting rid of assholes in power, Percentage of people say "Your doing it badly - Get the Fek Out!", we get a new leader, like we used to....

Asshole in power minimum of 4 years..... The world can be fekked in a day....

Bladerunner is just down the road....

ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Next

Return to News & Politics