Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

Sin Episodes Emergence Problem?

Forum Games, Quizzes & Trivia

Sin Episodes Emergence Problem?

Postby chevy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:59 pm

I downloaded this game from here and when I launch it, it tries to start then I a get an error "Cannot run HL2 mods" and crashes. It crashes right after the first Sin screen. So except for this error I think the game would run.
Any ideas!
Thanks in advance.
PS: I think it is a steam version and has no install routine, just copy and play.

chevy Newbie

Re: Sin Episodes Emergence Problem?

Postby Randummy1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Was it this one? http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/ ... emergence/

What os are you running? Try running in compatibility mode xp service pack 2 or 3 and run as admin. See if that helps. :)

P.s. nothing from Steam is uploaded here to the best of my knowledge per the upload rules that I have read.

Successfully traded with Vga for PS2 Softmod Kit.
Randummy1 5

Custom Title: Dinosaur farting dust bunnies :)

Postby chevy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 am

Hello: I am running it on Linux via wine in XP mode. The game launches fine.......and before the menu comes up it crashes with the error The HL2 Demo is unable to run mods.
Sin 1 runs fine.
Also the smaller of the two files is giving me errors so I dont know what is in that file.
There are valve and steam dlls etc in the game folder. If I remove those it will not even launch.
Thanks for the reply, great site for gamers.
Cheers.

PS: It is the files from your link that I downloaded.

chevy Newbie

Postby HurrahHarry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:36 am

From reading the .nfo it appears that this is a complete rip version of the game (it has also been uncensored to add nudity). What is strange is that it seems there are two copies of the game, and from what I can tell they are nearly identical. The only difference seems to be that the SinEpisodes folder you get when first extract it has some save files already while the SinEpisodes folder you get from extracting SE1.rar does not.

That being said, both versions worked for me in Win7 just by running SinEpisodes.exe. You could try the fix in the VISTA_USERS! folder and see if copying those dlls solves your problem. If that does not help you will have to hope that someone with some Linux knowledge comes along.

HurrahHarry 4

Return to Forum Games