Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

save transfer

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

save transfer

Postby zeoalexo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:20 am

ok, i downloaded some saves for Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect from TIZ (dont remember the uploaders name, i apologise), and i want to transfer them onto my xbox. thing is, there are multiple files in each zip folder. how do i know which files are the save files

zeoalexo 3

Re: save transfer

Postby 607jf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 am

It's the 8 digit folder. If your adding it to a usb/memory card put ithe on the root directory. If your putting on hard drive put it in TDATA on E.

607jf 4

Postby zeoalexo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 am

i havent soft modded my xbox yet, so the e folder is, for the time being, hidden. im plannign on putting the saves onto a flash drive (which i will buy shortly, as the one i have isnt compatible), and copying them onto the hard drive.

zeoalexo 3

Postby 607jf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 am

Then take the 8 digit folder and put it on the root with 360explorer. It'll be the same for the soft mod saves.

607jf 4

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

You can transfers them even before the softmod. All you need is a working, FATX formatted flash drive + USB to Xbox controller port adapter and Xplorer360 to be able to copy them to the flash drive. It will act just like any other memory card.

As long as you copy the main numbered containing folder (as 607jf described) they should show up as game saves. They can be copied to the HDD in the usual manner.

Xbox games saves often contain both file and sub-folders: typically TitleImage.xbx, SaveImage.xbx and TitleMeta.xbx files and separate sub-folders for different saves and player profile data. This is actually E:\UDATA information not TDATA data as 607jf I think mistakenly wrote. The TDATA folder and its content (if any) is usually only generated when you actually boot a game although it might generate once the Xbox is rebooted after installing a game save.

But you won't be able to see either until the Xbox is modded and you have a file explorer so you do not need to worry about such matters anyway.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby 607jf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

HisDivineShadow wrote:You can transfers them even before the softmod. All you need is a working, FATX formatted flash drive + USB to Xbox controller port adapter and Xplorer360 to be able to copy them to the flash drive. It will act just like any other memory card.

As long as you copy the main numbered containing folder (as 607jf described) they should show up as game saves. They can be copied to the HDD in the usual manner.

Xbox games saves often contain both file and sub-folders: typically TitleImage.xbx, SaveImage.xbx and TitleMeta.xbx files and separate sub-folders for different saves and player profile data. This is actually E:\UDATA information not TDATA data as 607jf I think mistakenly wrote. The TDATA folder and its content (if any) is usually only generated when you actually boot a game although it might generate once the Xbox is rebooted after installing a game save.

But you won't be able to see either until the Xbox is modded and you have a file explorer so you do not need to worry about such matters anyway.

OOPS oh right TDATA Is DLC. XD My bad.

607jf 4

Postby zeoalexo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:05 am

so tldr; i would put the whole folder onto the flash drive, then copy in to my xbox hard drive, correct?

zeoalexo 3

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:57 pm

As I described earlier ^^^ as long as it is the unzipped/unRARed, one level 8 digit numbered/lettered folder, yes.

They are simply game saves and should copy to the Xbox HDD just like any others.

Without knowing exactly what you've downloaded I'm only guessing here that the multiple TS2 files you mentioned in your original post are just alternative profiles. Possibly they're saves for each Story mission.TS2 saves everything for each player profile in a single save so it would be the only way to provide separate saves for each mission.

Future Perfect is similar but might also contain saves for custom maps made using the in-game map editor.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby zeoalexo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:08 am

ok gotcha

zeoalexo 3

Return to System Modding