Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Darn it, now I have to get a Switch :))

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Darn it, now I have to get a Switch :))

Postby Kvothe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm

I was one of those people who was extremely skeptical about the Switch. Not only did the launch lineup feel rushed and disappointing, but there were hardly any news of new and interesting games (both first and third party) on the horizon. It looked like the Wii U all over again: a few first party titles that are either hit or miss, combined with lousy third party support. Well, after almost a year since launch, I find myself in the uncomfortable position of having to admit that I was probably wrong. :lol: Zelda and Mario were some of the best things gaming had to offer last year. Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers and Puyo Puyo Tetris look interesting enough for me to take a look if the price goes down. And that Mario + Rabbids game was one of the biggest surprises of last year. Now that Nintendo is finally porting Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, plus new and exciting games such as Kirby, Yoshi, a new turn-based Fire Emblem, No More Heroes, Mario Tennis Aces, Project Octopath Traveller and the possibility of a core Pokemon RPG in the near future, things are looking good for this hybrid console. Sometimes it's good to be wrong, I guess. :lol:

Kvothe 3

Re: Darn it, now I have to get a Switch :))

Postby nornor1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 pm

The Switch is coming up thats for sure. the Neo-geo arcade games on it are great, and SNK is making a girl fighting game for it too. Im glad I have one :).

Systems I own:
Spoiler:
2 DC's W & B 1 GDEMU
N64 Rgb Mod- w/ED64
PSONE w/screen- Chipped
PS2 Phat & Slim(w/Joytech LCD) both Chipped
Ps3 2x SS
Ps4
Xbox OG-Tsop flashed 2gb HDD
X360 & slim-Ixtreme
XbOneX
Sega Saturn-Chipped
Wii- modded
Wii-U
New 3ds XL
Pspgo- cfw
Ps Vita-Enzo
NES RGB mod w/ED
JVC X'EYE w/32x/Mega ED
SNES Jr.-Rgb mod w/SD2Snes
Pc-E Duo R. w/Turbo ED
NeoGeo MVS w/NeoSD.

Trustworthy Traders:
Spoiler:
emotimmyturn
turfster
reverendjohnnyblaze
ficeto001
XC-3730C
bahamutfan64
catch_2030
DreamcastDude1999
Dreamcast459
blakd3th
Superrayman3
psydefx
WARE-WOLF
SumOfAllFear5
nornor1 6

Postby ryder4life » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 pm

im just dissapointed we are getting so many ports for the switch. Already have bayonetta 2 for the switch and donkey kong. Couldnt we just get a new donkey kong country. Payday 2 really? I want to see how fire emblem or yoshi is but thats all that interests me atm. Kirby is some multiplayer game so i dont want none of that.

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby XamX » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 pm

ryder4life wrote:im just dissapointed we are getting so many ports for the switch.

The Wii U didn't sell well and a lot of people never played those games (MK8, DKC, ..) and since the Switch already beat the Wii U in sales after not even 1 year it's only logic that they port those games to the Switch.

Most people actually don't even know what great games they missed because it was Wii U (or 3DS) exclusive. I think (and hope!) Mario Maker also finds it's way to the Switch as well as Paper Mario Color Splash ....and some others.

XamX 6

Postby Atsix » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm

XamX wrote:
ryder4life wrote:im just dissapointed we are getting so many ports for the switch.

The Wii U didn't sell well and a lot of people never played those games (MK8, DKC, ..) and since the Switch already beat the Wii U in sales after not even 1 year it's only logic that they port those games to the Switch.

Most people actually don't even know what great games they missed because it was Wii U (or 3DS) exclusive. I think (and hope!) Mario Maker also finds it's way to the Switch as well as Paper Mario Color Splash ....and some others.

I agree, there were many great games that got overlooked on the Wii U. I'm also hoping for a Super Smash Bros. Deluxe and a Wonderful 101 port.

Atsix 3

Postby Berzerk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Sorry I still just think that this is just Nintendo’s new handheld masquerading as a home console. I still think 3rd parties are going to dump it like a prom date. The only reason why they went with a hybrid system was to suck the handheld market in that they dominate. If you are thinking about getting one I would wait till they fix some problems that the system has now. I just have a feeling they are going to come out with a watered down version that will just be handheld only.

Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Postby ryder4life » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 pm

XamX wrote:

i guess my whole thing is. Im living thru ports on ps4 and xb1 now the switch seems to be getting like sloppy seconds of everything. Sure people missed out on the wii u but then again wheres my new games as well no ones played. I feel like the switch is just going to be a portstation.

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby nightwo1f » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Build games like Call of duty and Destiny for the switch and see how much it will blowup allong side it's first party games.

I know the hardware is less powerful but darn it if they could do it on the ps2 they can do it on the switch

Spoiler:
Acer Aspire V3 771G-9441
Xbox unleashX+XBMC 320GB HDD
Xbox unleashX+XBMC 160GB HDD
Xbox360 Jungle Flashed DVD-Drive 120GB
Nintendo 64
Wii softmodded 16GB SD + 320GB HDD
Playstation 1 SCPH-1001 Chipped
Playstation Slim 2 Chipped
Playstation 2 Phat 80GB internal HDD with FHDB
Playstation 3 slim 500GB
Playstation 3 Superslim 320GB
PlayStation 4 2TB
Sega Dreamcast
nightwo1f 7

Custom Title: Simple Modder

Postby XamX » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Berzerk wrote:I still think 3rd parties are going to dump it like a prom date.

The sales of the system say something else - especially lately.
Plus there are games that have most of their copies sold on the Switch version (Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Thimbleweed Park, Stardew Valley, ...)

Berzerk wrote:I just have a feeling they are going to come out with a watered down version that will just be handheld only.

I'm hoping for the exact opposite. I barely use it in handheld mode (I actually haven't undocked it for months). I'd love to see a cheaper console only version (maybe even more powerful) because I only play retro stuff on my other handhelds and don't need a Switch Handheld.

XamX 6

Postby acr250rider » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm

The Switch is just a Blown up version of the 3DS. Why not just port all the 2ds 3ds games over so those who paid all that money will have something to play with. The developers will swarm to something awesome and Ingenuitive. The Switch of course is not. Nintendo does even back its own systems any more besides repackaging the same ole MarioKart and the other Mario games. Also the Switch is so damn chintzy.

Spoiler:
Systems owned:
(2) Nintendo
(3) Sega Genesis/ (1) Cd /32X
(2) Super Nintendo
(2) Nintendo 64
(2) Sony PS1 1 REGULAR / 1 Chipped
(2) Soft Modded PS2 Phat
Dreamcast
Panasonic 3do
(4) soft modded Original Xbox
Pokémon Gale of Darkness Gamecube W/GBA Player.
(2) Xbox 360 1 Slim/1 Phat
(2) Ps3`s one jailbroken one not.
(2) Soft modded Wii
(2) PS4
Xbox one
(2) Wii U
Saturn (running Pseudo).
Sony PSP 6.20 Pro-B9 permanent .
acr250rider 7

Custom Title: Its all good Bro, Lets just play some games!

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 am

I won't lie, the Nintendo switch has definitely caught my eye. Lots of titles such as Breath of the wild, Mario odyssey, Metroid prime 4, Xenoblade chronicles 2, Fucking No more heroes!, have made me give in and save up for one. Third party games I have hope will we not see shovel ware crap like the Wii. Doom, skyrim, and possibly the dark souls remaster gave me hope that we will see some good third party titles come to the switch. Fuck EA and 2K for their shitty Fifa and WWE ports. Oh well, I don't wanna support these guys anyway, specially EA.

I can't wait to get my switch. I honestly am getting more excited at whats coming to the switch than what the PS4 and XB1 have to offer. Well the only one I'm excited for is Kingdom Hearts 3.

TheOmikronNomadSoul 7

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby Gamerone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 am

I'm still thinking about the pros and cons myself

I'M ONE WHO LIKES TO PLAY GAMES™ :yoshi: :1up: MARIO WORLD
MARIO'S DREAM GIRL :question: :mario: :oldmario: MARIO BROS
Spoiler:
MAMA MIA!!!!!!! ::mariohead:
Gamerone 5

Postby 607jf » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:19 am

Just an FYI the announced dark souls remastered and the world ends with you remastered monday. :)

607jf 4

Postby TheTechDoc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 am

the main reasoning behind me wanting one is the idea that we will get more XB1 and PS4 level games on switch, doom may be gimped but hot dam its pretty impressive that its even on the switch! same with wolfinstien 2 when it eventually comes out, I mean I have a gpd win and may get the win 2 which apparently does doom 2016 better than switch, but the first party titles are obviously drawing me in too, the new mario looks mint and im sure we will see shite loads more by the end of its lifespan

Spoiler:
2x xbox w/IND bios +1tb hdd/80gb hdd
1x ps2 slim w/fcmb 1x ps2 phat w/fhdb
1x ps1 chipped
gamecube w/sd launcher
psp 1000,go with cfw
2x dslite and dsphat w r4i/acekard2i
gameboy original/pocket/color/advance/sp/micro
2x wii w/softmod
snes
nes
n64
360 jasper RGH CR4 XL
360 slim RGH CR4 XL
PS Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
3DS 9.2.0 CFW Emunand RXtools/luma3ds
Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Wiiu w/CFW 5.5.1
PS4
TheTechDoc 8

Custom Title: Put away those fiery biscuits!

Postby XamX » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 am

607jf wrote:Just an FYI the announced dark souls remastered

Yeah, the return of "Nintendo-hard" - and you can play it in the park, bus or plane now :lol:

BTW - the Remaster isn't for the Switch only. In japan you can even get this nice thing:
Dark Souls Trilogy Box

XamX 6

Postby steven1977 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 pm

ryder4life wrote:im just dissapointed we are getting so many ports for the switch. Already have bayonetta 2 for the switch and donkey kong. Couldnt we just get a new donkey kong country. Payday 2 really? I want to see how fire emblem or yoshi is but thats all that interests me atm. Kirby is some multiplayer game so i dont want none of that.

If they are gonna port games just port all the Mario Wii games like Galaxy.

steven1977 6

Return to General Gaming Chat