Which Sex Toy Materials Are Safe? – 2023 Guide
Anyone can use sex toys to avoid unwanted pregnancy, STIs, cheating spouse, etc. But is it safe to use adult toys? You are taking them inside your body, and it is necessary to know what materials are used to manufacture such toys. It should be non-toxic and safe for your health.
You can buy the mini sex dolls to determine the material and know whether it is safe for you or not. Many materials are available, and you can choose any of them that suits you. Let us discuss those materials that will help you select a suitable toy for yourself.
- Silicone: Sex toys made of high-quality oil-free silicone are safe for your body as they prevent bacteria. You can also sterilize the device before using it. No toxins are there that can harm your body. There is a mild smell due to packaging, which will fade away later.
- Borosilicate Glass: You can prefer borosilicate glass toys to make sex more pleasurable. It will slide inside your body smoothly. But it is a heavy material, and you have to handle it with care. It is a sturdy material that can even withstand high temperatures.
- Stainless Steel or Other Metals: You can go for the metal ones if you want to buy a sex toy without any risk of cracks. It is easy to wash, giving the best sexual experience. Make sure that you prefer stainless steel or any metal which does not rust.
- Wood: You will also find the collection of sex toys made up of different wood like maple, oak, etc. The surface of the device is perfectly polished to make you feel smooth and easy to glide. There is a layer of lacquer that makes it safe for use. If you buy the tool without lacquer, it will absorb the moisture. Make sure that you do not purchase stained ones.
- ABS Plastic: This plastic is used to manufacture sex toys, medical equipment, cameras, etc. At high temperatures, the plastic is melted and then cools down to the new shape. It is safe for you to use to satisfy your sexual needs.
- Thermoplastic Rubber and Elastomers: You will find many masturbators in the soft and malleable elastomers or thermoplastic material. The rubbery plastic is safe to insert into your private body part. But you cannot sanitize it or share it with someone. Make sure that it is dry when you store it to avoid mold.
- Latex: It is a thin rubber-like material that you can use to create a piece of clothing by inflating it. You must use a condom while using toys made up of latex. You can stretch the material, and a high-quality product will have a nice stretch. One can get it with both a matte and shiny finish.
The Bottom Line
You can pick any of the mentioned sex toy materials because they are safe for you to use. There is no risk of dangerous infections, and it can be used with ease. Before buying any toy, make sure that you know the type and quality of material to stay safe and enjoy sex healthily.