Whether you like it or not, casino regulation is here to stay, and in the year 2022, they are certainly not loosening to the slightest! Regulation for casinos, both online and offline, acts as a way of a higher body-protecting both the users and the casinos themselves.
Regulations are there to stop casinos from extorting and misusing players’ data, funds, and winnings. This way the casino does not have too much power and players are given the chance to win. Regulations in 2022 also work in the other way, granting rights to the casino that they cannot get ripped off or scammed by players – claim casino free spins.
Love them or hate them, regulations are not going anywhere. In 2022, will there be any new casino regulations, will any be dropped, and why are there the regulations that there already are? Find out the rest through this article!
What are the main casino regulations that exist in the UK?
Before we delve into new regulations in 2022, it is crucial to know which ones already exist so that you, the casino player, can know what your rights are when tackling the house.
Some of the casino regulations may not be new to you, however, they are vital to your betting safety. Here are the key casino regulations that you need to keep an eye on in 2022:
- Age requirements – In the UK in 2022, to be able to gamble online and in a casino, you must be over the age of 18. Though this rule may seem a little dated to gamers who have been taking on the house for a while now, this regulation is here to stay in 2022 because players under 18 are not deemed to be responsible enough to play with money.
- Registration ID – Additionally, players must provide legitimate and in-date identification when playing both at online and physical casinos in the UK in 2022. While this regulation can be perceived as a hindrance to UK casino players, it is actually here to stop any pesky pirates from stealing your details and betting with your identity!
- Betting while intoxicated – Now, we know that placing a small bet on a table when you have had a couple of beers sounds like the most fun activity one could possibly do! However, this regulation is here in 2022 to protect players from doing something that they might regret!
Are there any new UK casino regulations in 2022 you need to know about?
While it may seem that the regulators have a tight grip on casinos in the UK in 2022, there are actually a few new regulations regarding online gaming that aim to:
- Stop igamers from using a cash withdrawal loophole to place more bets for free in online casinos
- Limit the number of misleading win noises and visuals that online casinos use to trick players into thinking that they have won cash
- Treat players in online casinos more fairly in 2022