Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Passwords on compressed files - DON'T DO IT !

Website & Community Rules & Guidelines

Passwords on compressed files - DON'T DO IT !

Postby ZX81v2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Hello.
I was wondering what TIZ's policy about passwording compressed files and requiring the downloader to run in circles over at a "survey site". I downloaded [ Game Remove ] yesterday and the txt file that accompanies the ISO instructs you:

wnload the password from here:

[ URL Removed ]

or

[ URL REMOVED ]

"We decided to limit the downloads for this file, so only those who will follow the next steps will have acces to it, that's why we're asking to complete a short survey before you can download the password.

After you complete the survey the download will automatically begin.
Thank you for your support!"

These links direct you a site [ URL REMOVED] where myself and 4 others attempted to download the password following the instructions to the letter. You are systematically run through the most obnoxious never-ending "survey" and never validated to download the passcode. Now, I have no problem with clicking links to support my free sites. However, this fraudulent activity is not only annoying and a huge waste of time, but potentially criminal- remuneration gained by offering a product in exchange for a service (in my case: the passcode for my survey services) without providing the product is fraud and the web makes it federal.

This reflects poorly on T.I.Z
Please either provide the passcode for the game or contact whoever sponsors that game's download and demand the oodles of click profits they are making off your site. If it is T.I.Z perpetrating this obnoxious practice
then Shame On You!

8-)

Sincerely Yours,
[ Username Removed ]

Seems there are some file on TiZ that use the above strategy. This practice is against the rules
and should not be done to uploaded files from users. The ONLY passwords should be on the CLOUD SITE and NOT on the files themselves.

THE ONLY CLOUD PASSWORDS ACCEPTED ARE

theisozone

OR

theisozone.com

ANY LINKS ASKING YOU TO FILL IN A SURVEY OR RUN YOU AROUND IN CIRCLES FOR A NONE EXISTENT PASSWORD SHOULD BE REPORTED TO A MODERATOR OR EDITOR FOR IMMEDIATE REMOVAL.

ANY USER FOUND DOING URL LINKS IN UPLOADS TO DOWNLOAD A 3RD PARTY PASSWORD WILL
- BE BANNED FROM TiZ
- IP ADDRESS WILL BE BLOCKED - Including VPN users
- ALL USERS UPLOADS WILL BE REMOVED AS THEY COULD ALL BE THE SAME TACTICS TO CON YOU.

We respect our community and we expect you , the user, to enjoy SAFE - CLEAN downloads.
The internet is full of rip-off sites who offer complete junk and malware infested files.
WE DON'T !

The only reason a password is required on the cloud site is basically to PROTECT your work and files by denigh the LAMERS to state the PASSWORD to access the files for download. Most of these people just trade links from other users uploads, they are tossers !

A PASSWORD is NOT required on the cloud if this sort of thing bothers you so all your uploads will be password free if required and are allowed.

If any user finds any more of these "Go here to get the extract password" bollocks, LET US KNOW - Even if you have to sign up to report. The users make TiZ what it is, help us keep it clean from crap

ZX81v2 - R Tape Loading Err0r

ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Return to Community & Website Rules