Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

Trying to find the name of a BMX game

For discussions based on Windows games

Trying to find the name of a BMX game

Postby KvLT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 am

If anyone can decode my horrible description, you're probably a PC master.

Sometime between '98-'02 my friend showed me a BMX game with really horrible controls and simplistic graphics, but I remember being really drawn to it for some reason. The first level had a mix of concrete and grass within it, and I'm pretty sure there was no 'story' mode to speak of - maybe even no objectives at all. I believe the trick system was equally flawed and possibly difficult (I also recall the bike itself to be pretty hard to control as well), and gravity was a little bit tighter than the more mainstream games.

It's not Dave Mirra, Mat Hoffman, or any of the good games. But I'd kill to be able to play it again just for a bit of nostalgia.

Thanks for the help!

KvLT 2

Re: Trying to find the name of a BMX game

Postby supershadow64ds » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 am

Was it BMX XXX? Sorry if this isn't much help, I just recall BMX XXX having god awful graphics and controls.

supershadow64ds Newbie

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am

supershadow64ds wrote:Was it BMX XXX? Sorry if this isn't much help, I just recall BMX XXX having god awful graphics and controls.

That never came out for the PC, I don't think. I think it was all three of the major consoles of the time, XBOX, PS2 and GC.

How about, "Freestyle BMX: featuring Brian Foster & Joey Garcia"? It came out in 2000, and was PC only.

MasterOfAll 8

Postby KvLT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 am

MasterOfAll wrote:How about, "Freestyle BMX: featuring Brian Foster & Joey Garcia"? It came out in 2000, and was PC only.

This could definitely be it, but it looks like every picture and video links back to Dave Mirra (even when googling with quotes). I might be SOL on this one, but thanks for the heads-up. I might have to find it on eBay and play it in order to know.

All I found so far were cover shots, and I don't think i had a legit version

If it's not this, it could also be something else the internet totally forgot about :cry:

supershadow64ds wrote:Was it BMX XXX? Sorry if this isn't much help, I just recall BMX XXX having god awful graphics and controls.

Unfortunately it's not that, but I think that was oddly supposed to be DM3, except Mirra didn't want his name associated with it. I've grown to actually love their weird engine on DM1 and 2, with the trick modifiers and everything.

KvLT 2

Postby Humanfly138 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 am

Another of that era was TJ Lavin

*edit* also toxic grind came out on Xbox... That had terrible truck controls

Humanfly138 13

Custom Title: From beside the seaside

Postby XamX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:31 am

must be one of these:

1997:
-

1998:
-

1999:
-

2000:
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Schwinn/GT Extreme Freestyle BMX
Tech Deck BMX

2001:
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX

2002:
-

2003:
DK Extreme BMX
Team DK BMX

XamX 3

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 am

KvLT wrote:This could definitely be it, but it looks like every picture and video links back to Dave Mirra (even when googling with quotes). I might be SOL on this one, but thanks for the heads-up. I might have to find it on eBay and play it in order to know.

All I found so far were cover shots, and I don't think i had a legit version

If it's not this, it could also be something else the internet totally forgot about :cry:

Check for "Extreme Sports Collection" as well. They have 3 pack versions. Two pack versions have 3 games, and the third has all six games, called, "Empire Extreme Sports Collection".

One of the two game packs with three games, doesn't have the game in question though.

I've found someone selling a game pack, but doesn't show a cover, nor mentions which games are on there. I'll take a punt though. Either way if it's the game you're after or not, it would be nice to archive the game if it's on there.

I should have it by the end of the week.

MasterOfAll 8

Postby KvLT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm out of rep points, so:

Thank you @Humanfly138 (invisible +10)
Thank you @XamX (invisible +10)
Thank you @MasterOfAll (invisible +10)

If I happen to find it, I'll feel like I can finally archive something useful (if there are no rules against it, of course).

KvLT 2

Return to Windows Games