Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

A new Indiana Jones game would be cool

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

A new Indiana Jones game would be cool

Postby Kvothe » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:32 am

So I was playing Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb these days and was surprised just how well the game mechanics stood the test of time, and how enjoyable the game is for both casual and more experienced gamers. Then it kind of hit me that most Indiana Jones games are kind of great. Last Crusade (the point and click one), Fate of Atlantis, Greatest Adventures, The Infernal Machine are all good. And despite the negative reviews, Staff of Kings looks really nice and will probably get it on my Wii if I happen to track down a copy. Real shame that Euphoria Indy game got cancelled tho.

So with that being said, would anyone love a new Indiana Jones game? I know I would, and the timing is pretty right, considering there is a new film out in 2020. Would be a great time to make a tie in videogame. Personally, I would love to see a game that puts a focus on hand to hand combat, just like Emperor's Tomb, Staff of Kings or that cancelled game which used the Euphoria engine. Making the game a brawler and focusing on melee combat would be true to the spirit of the franchise, plus it will be easier to make the game stand out when compared to Uncharted and Tomb Raider (which are both heavy on firefights).

Personally, I'd love to see them ditch the HUD, and make the game as cinematic as possible, like Peter Jackson's King Kong (the game). Would also love if they'd make it like an old school action-adventure (no skill trees and other modern crap like that, tho I won't mind quicktime events if they choose to put them in). And of course, a fair bit of platforming, a few vehicle sections, and of course, the whip!

How about you guys? Anyone fancy a new Indiana Jones game? What would you want to see in it?

Kvothe 3

Re: A new Indiana Jones game would be cool

Postby Sageowl » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Sure a new game would be great. I dunno how I'd like it other than another point and click adventure game. I need to play through most of the games to see which I like and which I don't. Fate of Atlantis is my favorite and I even speed run it (adventure game speedrunning is the real deal man) so my bias will be towards that kind of game. Infernal Machine was too Tomb Raider-esque action platforming for my tastes. I've yet to play anything beyond that so I cannot draw from whatever form these games find themselves in. To be honest anything that is a blend of the old with the new with some heart would be awesome in my book.

There are some fan projects going on for new point and click Indy games. I *was* going to link a project for a "Special edition" Fate of Atlantis, but apparently Lucasfilm already issued a C&D (bastards). There is "Fountain of Youth" which is another point and click and is still in demo stages and is slowly moving forward: http://www.barnettcollege.com/ .

Consoles, handhelds, mods
Spoiler:
Atari 2600
Atari 7800 composite mod
NES
Famicom
AV Famicom RGB modded
SNES
SNES Mini RGB mod
Genesis
PC Engine Duo-R RGB modded
Saturn chipped
PS1 chipped
Nintendo 64 UltraHDMI
PS2 Fat FHDB
GC XenoGC
Xbox 360 Dual Nand RGH
PS3
Wii
Wii-U
Gameboy bivert backlight
GB Pocket
GB Light
GB Color
GB Advance Backlight mod
GB SP AGS-001 4x overclock switch
GB SP AGS-101
GB Micro
DS
Dslite
3DSXL
new 3DSXL
Japanese new 3DS
PSP CFW
PS Vita 3.60 HENkaku
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Wonderswan Color Frontlight mod
And the fucking R-Zone
Sageowl 3

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is the best Tomb Raider type game on the original Xbox and that is including TR Legend. I remember It looking good and still playing well last time I fired it up but that was a long time ago. I must go back and revisit it sometime.

I do have The Infernal Machine somewhere on my PC but if I recall it is a bit of a faff getting it to run now even on Win7.

Not played any other IJ games, mainly because, shock horror, I was never much a fan of the films but I wouldn't object to the idea of a new game if it was genuinely good. I'd be thinking along the lines of a blend between the underrated Young Indiana Jones TV series and Far Cry 3/4, making it a FP game and in doing so distancing itself from modern TR too.

However I think the franchise is pretty much in its sunset years. A new film in 2020? I didn't know that, I thought after the last one wasn't a great success that would be it. But it is still a very long wait - Harrison Ford is 75+ he'll need a stand-in or more CGI for all the action stuff. :)

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby XamX » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Well, if you haven't yet you can still play the LEGO Indiana Jones 1 & 2 games or just play the Tomb Raider (2013) & Uncharted series (Uncharted (5): The Lost Legacy was just released yesterday) while listening to the Indy soundtrack ;)

XamX 5

Postby UnholyArceus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 pm

the best indiana jones game is the SNES one and it's 2D.

also

Spoiler:

this is what needs to happen to gamestop.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: i'm getting mugged by gamestop.

Postby VoodooVincent » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I've only played the Xbox one and the Wii one. I think the Wii one had one of the older adventure games on the disc, however I never got around to playing it. The Wii game was perfectly fine - though nothing exceptional. The Xbox game, however, was really good.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Return to General Gaming Chat