Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (Kickstarter) demo!

Discuss Everything Related to the Dreamcast Here!

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (Kickstarter) demo!

Postby duwen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 pm

The team working on the Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs game have just publicly released a playable demo for Windows, Linux, MacOS, and most importantly, Dreamcast!
To download the demo, head to the games Kickstarter page and click on the 'updates' tab - the demo links are in the update for April 20th 2017.
I've just burned the cdi to disk, and am about to fire it up - if I like the game I will definitely consider backing them. :D

duwen 3

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Re: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (Kickstarter) demo!

Postby Katom1096 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:21 am

Its not worth downloading you can't play it, It just plays pictures of the game you can see more on the website .

Katom1096 4

Custom Title: Retro Games Rock! I originally joined 1-29 2012

Re: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (Kickstarter) demo!

Postby duwen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 am

Sorry to disagree, but it is a fully playable demo (at least the Dreamcast version is, as that's the only one I've tried).
Here's the demo release statement from the Kickstarter page...
Yesterday we released a playable demo version of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs to our backers. Today we want to share the demo with everybody else. You can try out the demo on Windows, MacOS, Linux and Dreamcast. Unfortunately a demo for Nintendo 3DS is not possible.

This demo represents the first mission of the game and let you try the Hero Mode. The mission in this demo got some changes, so that the game story won't be spoiled. The first mission in general is based upon the two Saber Rider series episodes "Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me Away" and "Little Pardner". In the final version, this level will have a few more story driven events and a different end boss. The current boss in the demo will later be a mini boss.

My first impressions after playing it for a while; it's a fairly standard 'run-and-gun' affair, but it looks nice and manages to evoke enough 80's nostalgia to elevate it to something greater than the sum of it's parts.
I'm probably going to chip in to the Kickstarter - if I can afford/justify it after pay-day this month, I'll probably be aiming for the $99 'DREAMCAST LIMITED EDITION' funding tier.

duwen 3

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Return to Dreamcast Chat