Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

Neoya X2VGA

Discuss your favourite Xbox titles here and reccomend them to other members!

Neoya X2VGA

Postby squattingmutt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm

So I bought one of these hard to find items off Fleabay and I can't seem to get it working. It has 4 dip switches on the side that the manual told me I'm supposed have all of them in the "OFF" position. I opened up the X2VGA unit and the PCB inside identifies it as a version 1.03. I've heard about a VGA bios that's required for the OG xbox but haven't been able to find it and the manual makes no mention of needing it either.When I plug it in my TV, the TV tells me its not a supported mode.

Anybody know anything about these units? Thanks...

Spoiler:
Systems I own:

PS1 with Gameshark softmod
PS2 Phat FMCB and 120 GB
PS3 Slim stock
PS Vita stock...for now!
PSP-1000 CFW
Xbox Softmod and TSOP, 160 GB
Xbox 360 with Whisper fan, 160 GB
Xbox One stock
Gamecube stock
DS Lite with SD cart
squattingmutt 3

Re: Neoya X2VGA

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm

What TV? Does it support 480i on the VGA port?

It's most likely the 480i resolution the Xbox uses as the default resolution is not supported by your TV (VGA monitor). You'll need to force the dashboard to display 480p.

Do so by holding both triggers and pressing down on both thumbstick buttons if your stock dashboard is the latest version D:1.00.5960.01 (aka 5960). (Source: xboxdevwiki.net - Hotkey to switch to HD modes - 480p HD Hotkey toggle when a High-definition AV Pack is connected like the Neoya X2VGA+ or a Microsoft original.)

Is your Xbox modded? How so?

You can force 480p with some softmods or flash a Force480p BIOS to a modchip/TSOP. A VGA BIOS is not required to use the X2VGA, plus or 2.

There were 3 different X2VGA devices made by Neoya, is your converter/adapter an X2VGA2, X2VGA or X2VGA+? The first connects to Xbox via the component cable set of a High-definition AV Pack while the others connect directly to the Xbox's AV interface port (AVIP) and have VGA in and VGA out connectors at the breakout box on the end of the short cable.

neoya's x2vga2.jpg
X2VGA.jpg
X2VGA+.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaos_engr 6

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 pm

The original X2VGA does not have VGA pass-thru as indicated previously but some say it has better sound via the RCA jacks instead of the 3.5mm headphone jack. Both have a digital optical audio output.

But, it has been reported there are diagonal scan lines barely visible but present on the X2VGA that are not seen with the X2VGA+.

The X2VGA2 was a different design, not Xbox specific for cross-device use, able to convert any device's component video out to VGA. (At least up to 1080i resolution, I'm not sure if it could do higher resolutions - 1080p, etc.)

kaos_engr 6

Postby squattingmutt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 am

Ok I forced it into 480p and it did show something, but was very "wavy" and a good portion of the screen was shifted to the left and out of view. Yes my XBox is modded with TSOP and Unleash X and a 160 GB drive. It is a version 1.0 and have it hooked up with component cables currently. I also have a version 1.6 with a bad optical drive that I've been saving should I need any parts. I plugged it in and it did the same thing. My TV is a Samsung LN-S4096D and I have the VGAX2+.
I saw someone also had the X2XGA2 but I figured it would be better to get the signal directly from the XBox instead of having to using the component signal.

Spoiler:
Systems I own:

PS1 with Gameshark softmod
PS2 Phat FMCB and 120 GB
PS3 Slim stock
PS Vita stock...for now!
PSP-1000 CFW
Xbox Softmod and TSOP, 160 GB
Xbox 360 with Whisper fan, 160 GB
Xbox One stock
Gamecube stock
DS Lite with SD cart
squattingmutt 3

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 am

In UnleashX system settings for the video configuration options, enable 480p and 720p leave 1080i off. Try widescreen option too.

Reboot and see what happens.

kaos_engr 6

Return to Xbox Gaming