Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Boot Time for UnleashX (with times )

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Boot Time for UnleashX (with times )

Postby Nibbler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 am

Hello Folks,
I was curious to know how long youre Unleash X Boot Time is.
( i know it depends on how Big the HD is and how many Apps ar installed, but still )

My 500 GB Crystal XBOX with NDure or SID softmod ( cant remember ) and the latest Unleash X Build takes ......

30,14 sec - from a total Coldstart ( From powering on the console until Unleash X appears )
25,30 sec - from a Reset within UnleashX (Use the reset function in the UnleashX Main Menu )
20,73 sec - from a App that has a EXIT funktion like SCUMMVM, FinalBurn, ect ....
20,51 sec - from the IGR (In Game Reset = BACK+START+L+R)

So, what do you think of those times ?
Normal or to long ?
IS there a way to make it faster (i know of the Icon True/False Cache function but that dosent change THAT much)

Any of those times are still faster than my PS4 Boots :D

Nibbler 3

Custom Title: nam nam nam

Re: Boot Time for UnleashX (with times )

Postby kittyflin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:28 am

from cold mine is 14 seconds that's with a sata 1tb hard drive 80 pin cable,hard drive and whats on it does determine times,my ide booted in about 8 seconds

kittyflin 5

Postby Nibbler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 pm

wow, thats pretty quick !
I have a good old "SAMSUNG HD400 LD" in my Crystal Box.

and TONS OF GAMES n STUFF :)

Nibbler 3

Postby Nibbler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Actually, the Samsung HD400LD" is a 400GB Harddisk, not 500GB ;)
Still, what are youre times guys :)

Nibbler 3

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Xecuter 2.6 chipped v1.6 Xbox with WD320GB SATA + adapter/80wire cable. AID installed UnleashX v572 main dash and, for this test, using the Default blue skin*. The C:\drive has about 324MB and E:\drive about 1GB of free space:-

Cold boot: 22.31 secs

Reset: 15.52 secs

Boot XBMC as an App: 10.38 secs

Restart UnleashX main dash from XBMC Shutdown menu: 16.06 secs

IGR (from TimeSplitter FP): <17.28 secs.

Very difficult to IGR and press stopwatch button at the same time :) so it is actually very similar to the XBMC boot time ie. around 16 secs.

I'm happy with these times although I know for sure that my previous HDD used with the same Xbox, a 120GB Seagate IDE, booted everything much faster with a standard 40 wire cable and really not that much less content.

* what skin you use is important as some have intro FMV and/or loading screens which extend the boot and reboot.

I've just done a new test on my most virgin Xbox a v1.2 LE Green still unopened and therefore with standard Seagate 8 -10GB IDE HDD. Softmodded with SID/AID, 327MB free on the C:\drive and 1.5GB free on the E:\drive. All other criteria the same as for the chipped machine:-

Cold boot: 18.76 secs

Reboot: 13.40 secs

Boot XBMC as an App: 6.32 secs

Restart UnleashX main dash from XBMC Shutdown menu: 17.40 secs

IGR (from TimeSplitter FP): <17.40 secs.

So not that much difference except for that XBMC time but that might well be because on this machine (limited E:\drive space) I've kept XBMC very light ie. minimal skins etc. That really demonstrates that hardware is really not the main factor in determining boot times.

HisDivineShadow 8

Postby Nibbler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 pm

:D Thats what i am Talking about. You are going the extra mile DivineShadow to give us more infos ! HUGE THANKS FOR THAT !

For the Skin that i use. I use of course the best skin there is and thats
FlighTs XBOXpro.

The "best" there is. ( i am not into that video preview stuff )
The Only downside is that its for 4:3, but i dont care for that,well at least in Dashboards ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nibbler 3

Postby SeaNec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 pm

For me IGR takes just 3 seconds , no matter when it's applied. Between 1-2 seconds I get the UnleashX splach icon and I can see the main menu in the passing second. v1.1 Xbox with softmod, no hardware modification, stock IDE cable and with an upgraded WD 80 GB hardrive. Must have like 2-3 GB free space on the E drive and 6 GB on the F. Using the default and simple skin that came with Unleashx. Don't remember coldstart and other times though.
Regards,

SeaNec 3

Postby viperxl2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 pm

I know my 2tb HDD takes about 25 seconds for IGR and around a minute or so cold boot.

viperxl2 3

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm

SeaNec wrote:For me IGR takes just 3 seconds , no matter when it's applied. Between 1-2 seconds I get the UnleashX splach icon and I can see the main menu in the passing second. v1.1 Xbox with softmod, no hardware modification, stock IDE cable and with an upgraded WD 80 GB hardrive. Must have like 2-3 GB free space on the E drive and 6 GB on the F. Using the default and simple skin that came with Unleashx. Don't remember coldstart and other times though.
Regards,

I think the IGR speed must be controlled by whats on the C:\ and E:\drives.

Even on the softmodded but otherwise retail state v1.2 I mentioned I have a whole AID installation, four alternative dashes, and another seven or eight apps.

One thing I do know can affect loading time is custom icons. I use my own icons for all apps and plenty of Homebrew games too. Long ago I discovered UnleashX has some unrecorded upper limit to the total file size these AltIcons use. Loading the Apps menu initially became slower and slower and when that limit was reached all the apps below that point in the menu reverted to the default logo.

I went all the way through my icons re-designing them using graphics programs like Paint.net and IrfanView to reduce their file size.

Most them could be reduced down to under 30KB and most considerably less without compromising their quality too much. After re-installation it not only solved the problems of the Apps menu loading slowly and icon display but the Xbox boot and other load times became noticeably faster too.

HisDivineShadow 8

Postby constantine11 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:21 am

If you wanna cut down boot times and IGR times and you are using a 1tb sata HDD format everything to F partition using Xpartitioner 1.3 and skip the G partition. It takes longer to load with both F and G partitions. You can test this by disabling G partition in unleashX and see how much faster it loads, As you add games to F it slows down but its not too bad, My 1tb HDD is 80% full and cold boot ups are just under 20 seconds and IGR is just under 10 seconds. Thats without an 80 wire ide cable. I don't care about boot up times but the IGR can be annoying as hell!

constantine11 Newbie

Return to System Modding