Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Trying to play burned game on xbox unleashx

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Trying to play burned game on xbox unleashx

Postby rosebud351811 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello, Im a newbie, so be kind.... I just successfully downloaded a xbox iso game, but when I put it in my modded x box (unleash x) and select launch disc it takes me to a screen with i guess the storage folders... C, D, E, F, G, X, Y, Z... I have no idea what to do from here??? Help. Thanks.

rosebud351811 2

Re: Trying to play burned game on xbox unleashx

Postby Junk » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 pm

rosebud351811 wrote:Hello, Im a newbie, so be kind.... I just successfully downloaded a xbox iso game, but when I put it in my modded x box (unleash x) and select launch disc it takes me to a screen with i guess the storage folders... C, D, E, F, G, X, Y, Z... I have no idea what to do from here??? Help. Thanks.

;)

Image<- Uploads!
Image<- Tutorials!
Image<- \m/

HACKERMAN... He's the most powerful hacker... of all time...
Junk 7

Custom Title: ODERINT DUM METUANT

Postby rosebud351811 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks for replying. But is there any videos that could walk me thru what i need to do to get the game to load and play. Why is it not just loading to play? Why do I have to select a folder if Im not saving the game to the hard drive... I guess I'm just still confused. Thanks for any help.

rosebud351811 2

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 pm

I've never seen UnleashX show a screen with all these drive letters except for it's File Manager. Take some pictures showing what you are doing to get the screen with the drive letters to show up and post them here. Or, a video to youtube.

How did you mod your console?

Softmod - which one? where obtained?

Modchip - which one and bios flashed to it?

Game Content Burned
What format was the game content: one dot iso file or many files and folders with at least the Xbox executable, default.xbe, file in the top-level extraction directory?

kaos_engr 7

Postby rosebud351811 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:20 am

Hello. This is what I'm seeing. I hit launch disc and then it takes me to this screen. I'm lost from here. Thanks for any help. Oh and I don't know what format I used. I simply downloaded 007 agent under fire from here the iso zone. Then I turned it to a DVD....thanks again for your help!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rosebud351811 2

Postby rosebud351811 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 am

Forgot to add... I soft modded my Xbox with a memory card that has all the needed files on it... Thanks again for any help...

rosebud351811 2

Postby skullz613 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 am

Are you sure you burnt the disc correctly? What program did you use?

Consoles:
Spoiler:
Xbox v1.6b - DuoX2
Xbox 360 - Jasper, 120GB HD
Xbox 360 Slim - Stock (hacked 250GB drive)
PS1 - Chipped (x2)
PSOne - Stock (x2)
PS2 Slim - FMCB (x3) (One sensor blocked)
PSP
Wii - RVL-001 (x2)
N64

Before posting read the Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
Before uploading read Theisozone Upload Rules
Also make sure you read the New Content Guidelines
Spread TIZ love!Image
skullz613 6

Custom Title: Old Fart

Postby rosebud351811 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:40 am

Hello. I thought I burned it correctly. I have Windows 10. I just used the program from that. The disc looked like it burned... Should I only use img burn? thanks again for any help. Appreciate it.

rosebud351811 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:43 am

It unusual behaviour for any Xbox when a disc has been inserted incompatible media or not and as rosebud351811's other thread says the same thing happens with an AID disc.

My first guess is that it is disc drive media incompatibility causing the problem. Must be DVD-R and preferably burned with ImgBurn.

But saying that reminded me that with UnleashX going straight to the file manager can happen if the disc has been burned as Data rather than using the burner's "Write Image to disc" or whatever the burning program used calls its ISO burning option.

That the disc was burn correctly, as kaos_engr suggests, needs to be confirmed.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby rosebud351811 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 am

Thanks so much everyone. I will try to burn these again but with img burn this time... I'll let u know how it goes! Thanks again.

rosebud351811 2

Postby skullz613 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 am

Yeah IMG Burn is the best way. You have more control. Use whatever windows has for basic file backups etc..

Consoles:
Spoiler:
Xbox v1.6b - DuoX2
Xbox 360 - Jasper, 120GB HD
Xbox 360 Slim - Stock (hacked 250GB drive)
PS1 - Chipped (x2)
PSOne - Stock (x2)
PS2 Slim - FMCB (x3) (One sensor blocked)
PSP
Wii - RVL-001 (x2)
N64

Before posting read the Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
Before uploading read Theisozone Upload Rules
Also make sure you read the New Content Guidelines
Spread TIZ love!Image
skullz613 6

Custom Title: Old Fart

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:20 am

That's UnleashX's file manager opening up trying to give you a list of files on the media. There's no default.xbe file found to start the game/app on the DVD so it opens the File Manager instead.

After burning the disc, try to get a directory listing on your PC. If it does, the disc is burned INCORRECTLY. If the extracted data from your download has multiple files and folders, you must first convert it to an XISO format ISO (disc image) before burning the image to disc.

Use Qwix 1.01 or C-Xbox Tool 2.0.7 to create the XISO disc image and burn the new image to DVD-R media at 4x speed.

Or, upload via FTP all the files/folders to a folder on the Xbox (e.g, E:\Games\<game name>\ or F:\Games\<game name>). No XISO image conversion necessary.

kaos_engr 7

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 pm

That ^ pretty much confirms what I suggested.

If the option: "Write image file to to disc" (ImgBurn) "Write Image" (InfraRecorder), "Burn ISO" (Burnaware), "Burn ISO Image" (CDBurnerXP), "Burn Disc Images" (DiscJuggler) was used only an actual ISO, IMG, CUE/BIN, CDI file could have been selected.

The only way an ordinary data file eg. C:\Username\Documents\XBMC\ISO could have been selected with ImgBurn is if the containing folder was chosen.

Why? Because browsing with ImgBurn in "Write files/folders to disc" ie. Data disc mode, file types like ISO etc inside those folders are hidden to prevent possible mistakes. Visa versa too; in ISO "Write image to disc" burning mode only folders containing ISOs etc are displayed and the folders can't themselves be selected via browsing.

Even if you drag and drop the containing folders with ImgBurn it will still select only the first compatible disc image format ISO etc file from inside the folder, if present. If there is no supported file type found it will flag the selection as an error.

However not all burning programs seem to have this safety net. I've just tried using drag and drop with a couple of others and, as far as I can be bothered to test, it appears they'll happily burn ISO files as data discs.

FTW: ImgBurn :)

But, as usual, I'm with kaos_engr here: once set up, although that itself can be troublesome, FTPing stuff like games to the Xbox is the quickest and most convenient way to do it.

HisDivineShadow 9

Return to System Modding