Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

ftp sytems that work for xbox easily(SOLVED)

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

ftp sytems that work for xbox easily(SOLVED)

Postby kolbjoey1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:52 pm

What ftp clients are you using i cant find a decent one. what would you recommend

kolbjoey1 3

Custom Title: Modder

Re: ftp sytems that work for xbox easily(SOLVED)

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

In no particular order: CoreFTP LE, FileZilla, FlashFXP, WinSCP, even though they ended up alphabetically, all work with the Xbox. I prefer Filezilla as it's the FTP client I've used for years.

There are a couple slight snags with FileZilla. First, QuickConnect no longer works with an Xbox (requires secure login in current releases) so a Site has to be added to configure a cleartext (insecure) FTP login to the Xbox's FTP server from a PC (see figure below). Second, the homepage filezilla-project.org download comes bundled with a lot of extra apps you have to disable to get only the FTP client installed. Third, seems to be fixed in the latest FileZilla release 3.28.0 and only happens with the Xbox replacement dashboard UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584 the root dir listing sometimes shows extraneous date in partition letters. Key-in of the path to the 'Remote site:' box was required to enter a drive (e.g. /C, /E, /F, /G) instead of a mouse double-click on the entry in the listing.

Told that similar extraneous data in root dir listing drive letters occurs with FlashFXP and WinSCP FTP clients but have not seen it myself as I use FileZilla.

Download FileZilla here for an installer that doesn't have 'bundled' in the filename (e.g.for Win32, FileZilla_3.28.0_win32-setup.exe instead of FileZilla_3.28.0_win32-setup_bundled.exe or similar for the 64-bit version).

FileZilla - Use only plain FTP (insecure).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kaos_engr on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 12 times in total.
kaos_engr 6

Postby XamX » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm a FlashFXP guy since 2003 :)
I always liked it the most and still use it these days for PS3<->PC transfer.

XamX 4

Postby kolbjoey1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 pm

kaos_engr wrote:In no particular order: CoreFTP LE, Filezilla, FlashFXP, WinSCP, even though they ended up alphabetically, all work with the Xbox. I prefer Filezilla as it's the FTP client I've used for years.

There are a couple slight snags with FileZilla. First, QuickConnect no longer works with an Xbox (requires secure login in current releases) so a Site has to be added to configure a cleartext (insecure) FTP login to the Xbox's FTP server from a PC (see figure below). Second, the homepage filezilla-project.org download comes bundled with a lot of extra apps you have to disable to get only the FTP client installed. Third, seems to be fixed in the latest FileZilla release 3.28.0 and only happens with the Xbox replacement dashboard UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584 the root dir listing sometimes shows extraneous date in partition letters. Key-in of the path to the 'Remote site:' box was required to enter a drive (e.g. /C, /E, /F, /G) instead of a mouse double-click on the entry in the listing.

Told that similar extraneous data in root dir listing drive letters occurs with FlashFXP and WinSCP FTP clients but have not seen it myself as I use FileZilla.

Download FileZilla here for an installer version that doesn't have 'bundled' in the filename (e.g. Win32 FileZilla_3.28.0_win32-setup.exe instead of FileZilla_3.28.0_win32-setup_bundled.exe or similar for the 64-bit version).

FileZilla - Use only plain FTP (insecure).jpg

i just downloaded filezilla from here and used the old version on here that i now how to use. It doesnt have the new bull going on with it i just wont let it update.

kolbjoey1 3

Custom Title: Modder

Postby grendyzer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:14 pm

i use flashfxp, simple and fast.

touche a mon cul si ca fait de la musique
grendyzer Newbie

Postby Gamerone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 am

I like FileZilla, its easy to use.

Gamerone 3

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 am

I used to use Filezilla as the client, and use DVD2XBOX as the server.

I now personally use http://www.mucommander.com/ as the client.

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby Rocky5 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:51 am

I patched the latest build of UX to work with all FTP programs, so that fixes FileZilla ( 3.28.0 fixed nothing for me ) and it also fixed winscp from erroring when you try to connect.
( I hardcoded the file to system time )

So you get all the fixes and new features of build 584 with none of the drawbacks.

I may go back to filezilla as the multi connection is cracking for small files, FlashFXP still doesn’t support that :shock:

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Return to Troubleshooting