Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Xbox Softmod problem (UnleashX)

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Xbox Softmod problem (UnleashX)

Postby StraTTtheRippeR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:05 am

Hi, I've had many original xbox consoles over the years (using HDM with UnleashX) but I've run into a problem today I can't figure out, thought someone here could help me. When I boot my Xbox up, it gets to the UnleashX screen and just keeps boot looping on that screen (unleashX) I used HDM to get into my HDD and I re copied all the Softmod files back to my Xbox HDD (thought maybe a file got corrupted) but it's still boot looping on the UnleashX screen. If I put a disc in it boots the disc (like an emulator) but if I try to go to the UnleashX dashboard it just boot loops like before. Any help at all would be appreciated, all of my games are on my hdd....please, help!

StraTTtheRippeR Newbie

Re: Xbox Softmod problem (UnleashX)

Postby changospank » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:20 am

did you take this HDD off of another xbox? I had this happen when i took a hdd from a 1.6 and put it in a 1.0 xbox. Download AID 4 from this site and boot it up then reinstall your dash from the dash menu but even then its best to use xhdm to create a drive from scratch.

psx unmodded- could never get the flashing right on my chips
ps2 slim-fmcb
wii softmodded plays wii and gamecube games
xbox 360 slim unmodded-
xbox classic tsop 160 gb xbmc.
n64
xeno gc chipped gamecube x3.
indigo
black
black no component output.
changospank 4

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:24 am

I think you are in a clock loop as the clock circuitry has been powered off too long and the clock cap (if it can even hold a charge any more) is completely discharged.

Which softmod package did you install? What version of Xbox?

I would use XboxHDM23USB Beta 3 to install Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool for installation. You will need a USB to IDE or SATA adapter to connect the HDD to the PC and add the eeprom.bin file (not all lowercase name) to the folder where you extract it on your PC. You'll find xboxhd.bat, the batch file to start XboxHDM32USB B3, in the folder where it needs to go.

The Beta 3 release contains the files to install the softmod once you install the HDD in the Xbox. You scan drives to verify the software can access your Xbox destined HDD (menu option #1), unlock the HDD (menu #4), launch xboxhdm (menu #2), lock the HDD (menu #3), verify lock status (menu #5). If locked, press enter to exit XboxHDM23USB Beta 3. Disconnect the drive from the USB-to-(HDD interface) adapter. Install it in your Xbox. Boot the console and press (A) when prompted to complete the softmod installation.

Actually, you could use the version of XboxHDM you've already been using. Copy Beta 3's HDD_files/C folder contents to your version's similar folder, possibly xboxhd/C, for installation to the C partition of your HDD.

Note: v1.0-1.5 clock caps need to be removed from the motherboard ASAP! The electrolyte they leak damages the motherboard. Use 91% isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs to clean off any leaked electrolyte from both the top and bottom side of the motherboard to stop any further damage.

Edit: I think I'm finally finished editing this post! :D

Edit 2: Well not quite paragraphcs were in the wrong order. Now,... :lovetiz:

kaos_engr 7

Postby bladeslide » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:15 pm

I've had that happen before, it ended up being something on the hard drive, a homebrew game or something, when UX first boots it compiles a list of all the stuff on the drive, if it has a problem with something on the drive then that can cause it, I had to move the whole folder of homebrew games for it to boot.

If you try deleting or moving the config file you have and let UX make a fresh one that might let it boot if that's the cause, or just change the name of the games folder so it isn't trying to compile a list of them.

It can also be caused by something on the E drive in the cache, or TDATA or UDATA folders

Hope that helps!

bladeslide 3

Postby StraTTtheRippeR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:35 pm

I got into the HDD, deleted all of the save files, all of the TDATA and UDATA, deleted everything from the E folder and copied it back over...still the same thing. Could it be a game or emulator on the HDD causing it? Thanks for the replys!

StraTTtheRippeR Newbie

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:16 pm

What softmod package did you use?

I think it's in a clock loop rebooting over and over as it can't load the MS Dashboard to set the clock, date/time lost from being unplugged too long.

Some older softmod packages had that problem. At the time those softmod packages came out, I always modded systems with a modchip. Thus, I've not seen what a clock loop problem looks like. I've just heard about such a problem existing.

Possible Fix
Copy the contents of XboxHDM23USB Beta 3's HDD_files/C folder to your Xbox's C drive.

kaos_engr 7

Postby StraTTtheRippeR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm using UnleashX. I think I know what the problem is. One of my games on the hard drive, Black got corrupted somehow. I tried using HDM to delete the game but it won't delete it. Do now I'm using Xplorer360 to back up my games and I guess reformat it and remod it. The only problem with that is, I don't have a back up of my eeprom anymore. I do have the eeprom key, the hard drive password and key. So, hopefully I can reformat it and remod it again using the same HDD. It's a 300 GB HDD I'm using.

StraTTtheRippeR Newbie

Return to Troubleshooting