Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Xbox How to change my dashboard

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Xbox How to change my dashboard

Postby glods191 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi :D
I have a question
When i boot my xbox it always boot up in the EvolutionX Dashboard
but in that dashboard i cannot do anything like start up games or file manager.
I use a CD for that to start up the file manager and start up UnleashX.
My question is , how can i boot UnleashX when i power up the system ?
I hope someone can help me xD

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
glods191 2

Re: Xbox How to change my dashboard

Postby scorpNZ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Is there a skin in evo you can change to that has a blue like orb with fingers off it that rotates forward or back past the selection options on it's right ? it should be the default skin or it is in mine

By rights you should have to place games in the directory i.e F/Games/
Then the games will appear under games in evo's menu.
Other options install xbmc to Depending on folder structure F/Apps or Applications or Media Players/

Backup everything in C & E (not games if you have any there unless you need to) before doing the following
or run the updated boot install disc hexen & update your softmod

You could most probably use i guess hexen or AID to install unleash to C however this could overwrite the mod you have.If you have a modchip this won't matter regardless backup like i said before

scorpNZ 6

Postby XC-3730C » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 pm

HeXEn is the best way to install and switch dashboards. Best of all, it supports softmod, chips, and TSOP mods

Old school RGB systems I own:
Spoiler:
AV Famicom w/ NES2RGB + FDS drive w/write mod
SNES
N64
Sega Genesis 1/Sega CD 1, Super Magic Drive Plus
Sega Saturn w/mod chip + AR 4-in1
Atari Jaguar w/Jag CD
3DO (RGB modded)
PSX w/stealth chip
PS2 w/ network adapter, 120gb HDD, FMCB
Neo Geo MVS

HDTV capable systems I own:
Spoiler:
Alienware Alpha i3, 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD
Nvidia Shield TV (Android)
Xbox 360 phat Jasper RGH'd
PS3 Slim with CFW

Other systems:
Spoiler:
Gamecube platinum w/Viper case, Qoob SX, GBA player
Dreamcast w/GDemu, 128gb SD
Original Xbox v1.6 + X3 chip, green Ghostcase, 2TB HDDHitachi HDD/DVD
XC-3730C 7

Custom Title: We've obtained retro greatness...

Postby EAZY718 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 pm

use hexen....its very clear N precise in its options. every option gives you a description of what it does for your console. i used hexen to install XBMC as my startup dash.

EAZY718 2

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 am

scorpNZ wrote:Is there a skin in evo you can change to that has a blue like orb with fingers off it that rotates forward or back past the selection options on it's right ? it should be the default skin or it is in mine

No, Evoxdash does not as sophisticated a skinning engine as other replacement dashboards - UnleashX, XBMC4Xbox, etc.

Evoxdash allows you to change the background image and placement of text for system info in variables known by the dashboard. You edit the file evox.ini to make changes to the look of the dashboard and the menu configuration. However, the menu's location is fixed on the screen.

By the way, what you described is the default skin for the UnleashX dashboard, not Evox.

UnleashX_default_skin.jpg

For the OP, your evox.ini file must not be configured to scan the locations for Applications and Games stored on the HDD to add them to the menu.

A guide on configuring the Evox dashboard's configuration file evox.ini is titled EvolutionX(Evox) for Dummies. Read it to learn more about how to use a text editor to modify evox.ini to customize your dashboard.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaos_engr 7

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:42 am

glods191 wrote:Hi :D
I have a question
When i boot my xbox it always boot up in the EvolutionX Dashboard
but in that dashboard i cannot do anything like start up games or file manager.
I use a CD for that to start up the file manager and start up UnleashX.
My question is , how can i boot UnleashX when i power up the system ?
I hope someone can help me xD

Download the XBE Shortcut Maker and UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584. Hmm, there is an XBE Shortcut Maker v2.0 elsewhere on the net - download it from here.

XBE Shortcut Maker 1.0 is a .NET (Framework Required) app while 2.0 is not!

Extract the contents of the UnleashX archive and upload all of it to F:\Apps\UnleashX\ folder on the Xbox. (Create such a folder if one does not exist. If you've not replaced the stock 8/10GB HDD with a larger drive, use E:\Apps\UnleashX\ and change the shortcut maker settings below to match the full path to UnleashX's default.xbe file.)

On your PC, run the XBE shortcut maker app to create a new Xbox executable file - evoxdash.xbe. This file is the shortcut to your Xbox's UnleashX dashboard. Rename the current C:\evoxdash.xbe file to evox.xbe. Upload the new shortcut executable, evoxdash.xbe, to the root of the Xbox's C drive.

Shortcut Maker v2.0 Settings

XBE Shortcut Maker 2.0 - UnleashX dashboard configuration.JPG

Click on the large Create Shortcut Xbe... button and save the shortcut under the name evoxdash. The extension xbe will automagically be added 4 you. Upload the new evoxdash.xbe file to the root of the Xbox's C drive. (Note: Remeber to rename the current evoxdash.xbe file before uploading the new shortcut file with the same name.)

kaos_engr 7

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 pm

An important matter that nobody appears to have noticed is that the glods191 is almost certainly using a chipped machine. It is not a softmod. He's also using DVD2Xbox as his file manager from CD both of which are rather odd things to be doing.

How the EvoX dash came to have such an apparently minimalist .INI I can't imagine. On that main dash start(?) screen have you ever tried just pressing Back or (B). There should be a Launch menu option for Games and Apps at the very least.

The chipping needs to be confirmed but the second picture clearly shows the typical EvoX shield logo on the Xbox start screen and that indicates it probably is. I suspect glods191 thought that was something to do with his main EvoX dash.

If it is chipped then there's no real problem, as other have suggested a HeXEn or AID disc (one click chipped option install) would be the easiest way to change the main dash to UnleashX.

Burn whichever of those you choose to DVD-R with Imgburn and all should be good. BTW both HeXEn and AID take a long time to boot from disc and even when installed.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby scorpNZ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Was noted,just wasn't sure what mod was in play as i've never had a softmod xbox hence mention of if op had a modchip & it not mattering if the dashes were stuffed up

The dash at 3 is old & by old i mean pre AID.It looks like something from x-wizard as i've seen it before & am sure it's from there or some older install disc

OP can check from left side of xbox when he face the front of it.Will need a torch he will see the modchip if there is one assuming op knows what to look for

scorpNZ 6

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:49 am

The dash shown in the third screenshot is a actually a perfectly ordinary EvoX dash - that's the genuinely hideous Default EvoX skin.

Unfortunately(?) EvoX has no screen capture option so there are actually not that many pics of the Default skin out there. Most that feature it or elements from it ie. don't use a full replacement background image have been 'prettied' up like this:-

Modified Default EvoX Skin.jpg

This is a copy of one particular EvoX skin's main background image so it does not have the menu items

What that OP's screenshot shows is the full horror. :)

But there are much better EvoX skins out there like the Blackbolt Console v4 which is as good as the Default UnleashX dash skin. BTW Rocky5 created an EvoX > UnleashX skin conversion tool couple of years ago and that works particularly well with this skin:-

BBCV4.jpg

HisDivineShadow 9

Return to Troubleshooting