Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Sakigake!! Otokojuku

Discuss Everything Related to the Playstation 2 Here!

Sakigake!! Otokojuku

Postby RacingWolf7957 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Have any of you played Sakigake!! Otokojuku for the PS2?

At the moment, I've completed the game but now I am stuck, trying to find a way to unlock Heihachi Edajima

If anyone found a way to unlock Heihachi Edajima, great, reply to this thread. Thank you :)

RacingWolf7957 Newbie

Re: Sakigake!! Otokojuku

Postby XamX » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:30 pm

No, sorry. I've only played the PS3 sequel Sakigake!! Otokojuku - Nihon yo, Kore ga Otoko Dearu! for about 10-15 minutes (to take screenshots and upload it to GameFAQs)

Try to find Youtube walkthroughs maybe they help you on your path.
If you can't find anything and just want to unlock everything go get a save file:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/92937 ... juku/saves

XamX 6

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 pm

I am a HUGE fan of the Sakigake series. have the game's iso and played it for a bit,but no clue on your question. sorry.

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby RacingWolf7957 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm

It's OK, I managed to get the completed save data where everything is unlocked and not only I played as Heihachi, but I also managed to get a new high score of 2784600 :)

RacingWolf7957 Newbie

Postby ISO_Ninja » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Damn, this game looks cool! Never heard of it before.

Guess I can no longer consider myself the ISO_Ninja...... :?

ISO_Ninja 3

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 pm

RacingWolf7957 wrote:It's OK, I managed to get the completed save data where everything is unlocked and not only I played as Heihachi, but I also managed to get a new high score of 2784600 :)

Congrats! and glad to see a fellow Sakigake!! fan :D

also,might as well take this chance to tell fellow TIZers about the awesomeness that is Sakigake!!,so here is my review of it and i hope you check the series out guys :)

"For the Japanese, Sakigake!! Otokojuku is a Cult Classic to the degree that any Japanese Otaku has either watched/read it or atleast knows about it and can quote many of its memorable lines and the Memes it spawned(for example,"Minmei Publishing"is still quoted as the source of any outrageous statement about martial arts). It is popular to the degree that its manga's spinoffs are still going strong today,32 years after it started. For Western fans though,it is unfortunately a VERY underrated and underappreciated show that a lot more people imo should checkout.

So what is Sakigake!! Otokojuku? well,the 80s was the decade of MANLINESS BATTLE Manga,with series such as Fist Of the North Star and JoJo's Bizarre Adventures being smash hits with tons and tons of fans. Sakigake!! Is an extremely over the top parody of everything battle manga. In this respect the closest modern equivalent would be One Punch Man,but that is where the similarities end as the approaches of the two series to the parody are completely different.

Sakigake is a school that teaches MANLINESS. the students(mostly composed of Japan's worst delinquents)do crazy hard tasks and training all for the sake of becoming more MANLY. the Headmaster is a World War 2 hero who REALLY loves to announce who he is loudly scaring EVERYONE with the strength of his voice,which is so strong that it can destroy the speakers of a helicopter.Your Main Protagonist,Tsurugi Momotaro, is always calm and serious no matter what happens. he is the guy that you know will win despite all the overwhelming odds. he is the head of Sakigake's First year students,and is gradually accompanied by more main characters during the series(who die more than once,by methods that include falling in a pit of sulfuric acid and falling off a mountain,only to be miraculously alive after. Because GUTS.)

The First half of the Anime is 100% Comedy and parody,and it is INCREDIBLE. i havent laughed so hard in ages at an episode,let alone continuing to laugh that hard for all the first half!
The second half is the battle arcs. however,the battles are,surprisingly enough,enjoyable both as "Shounen anime battles"and as "Parodies of shounen anime battles". they have a ton of epicness in them,yet at the same time you can clearly feel and enjoy the underlying parody. It is an impressive concoction,and a very enjoyable one. The only annoying part is that the last few battles feel rushed,including 2 major battles only being shown in a summarized fashion,yet the final episode is mostly a recap. not sure why they did that,and it is the only reason i gave the anime a 9/10 instead of a 10/10

Overall,this anime is incredible,and I recommend it to everyone and hope it gets a lot more fans than it currently has :)"

FFTHEWINNER 9

Return to PS2 Chat