Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Credit Karma Account Breach Warnings.

Credit Karma Account Breach Warnings.

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 am

I got an E-mail from Credit Karma a few days ago about 14 accounts I have that were compromised most notable ones.
MySpace
PSX Scene

And a bunch of random places like game sites.

Just curious if anyone else has used this service or have gotten notices?

None of them them had my actual passwords as I use 3 levels of user/pass and 2 part verification's.

[Edit]
2 accounts were withheld due to being sensitive? SO I'm not quite sure what those 2 would be.

Free memory card exploit service PS2/Xbox U.S. Only

Simple questions answered here
If you need to ask a question search the forums first here

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

Follow me on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/CurbsideRX
CurbsidePharmacist 13

Custom Title: Admin #2

Re: Credit Karma Account Breach Warnings.

Postby dreamcast459 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 am

i got one in my email the other day 7 site breaches all from sites i never visit anymore and 2 password breaches but they are passwords i havent used in years

edit the 2 passwords arent used on any other sites so all is well password wise

sucessfull trade with ware-wolf my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/4599kane/videos
MMO's that i play star trek online and shot online

systems i own
dreamcast
saturn chip modded
N64
sega game gear
orig-xbox
xbox360
dreamcast459 13

Postby kintek » Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 am

I am not sure its a good email from them, usually the login is generated when I go to view the site but it was not even attempting to. I didn't log in to see if it was real from that link. I went to the site normally but was not able to see where they were pulling that information up to show me.

kintek 3

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 am

kintek wrote:I am not sure its a good email from them

Oh they were real lol

kintek wrote:I went to the site normally but was not able to see where they were pulling that information up to show me.

I had to verify my E-mail then refreshed the page and they spit out a list of compromised passwords and then a list of all the places my E-mail has been stolen from by hackers then sold on the darkweb and the dates they were found.

They showed me 3 strings and all 3 were actual crap passwords from places i logged into once or twice.
I'd imagine it was done in hopes to catch people using 1 password across everything.

I use 3 or more levels of passwords.

Level 1 - Stuff I never plan to actually ever use again nor really trust.
Level 2 - Places that I don't frequent but may return to ie: software/updates/gameing sites
Level 3 - E-mails each with their own passwords then a super password for banking and medical stuffs.
Then of course my mobile device for text verification.

As far back as I can remember I've never really been hit for anything online to any degree that severely compromised my accounts or machines that I'm aware of, maybe a few batch scripted maleware apps or a bad app version with known exploits. I do recall a bitcoin client and a torrent client that were installed on separate occasions by using pirated software lol.

Free memory card exploit service PS2/Xbox U.S. Only

Simple questions answered here
If you need to ask a question search the forums first here

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

Follow me on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/CurbsideRX
CurbsidePharmacist 13

Custom Title: Admin #2

Postby Orientaldevil9 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 am

They are real and are follow-ups to several known recent breaches including Yahoo and Equifax. Because emails and possibly passwords were stolen, it is likely that those particular sites are ones that you used the same email address for it and one of the two compromised sites. I had almost 50 as I have a main email address that I use. I have requested an email address change with my ISP and because of a breach they are providing it with an overlap period so I can reset all of these accounts to the new email address and new passwords just to be safe.

PSP 3001 CFW 6.60
PSTV with CFW
Wii 4.3U Softmod with WiiKey Fusion
DS Lite Acekard 2i & EZ Flash 3-in-1
Original Softmodded XBox
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox One

Marketplace:
atreyu187 10/10
psyko_chewbacca 10/10
vga 10/10
zombiegauze 10/10
mightysubzero 0/10

Orientaldevil9 5

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am

what is credit carma?

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby RUMBLE » Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

FFTHEWINNER wrote:what is credit carma?

Thought they just monitored credit scores, but according to some posts here, they do more than that. Gee, another online company that wants to get into all your business.

When everything is connected to one spot, it is easy to break it....

The hackers are ALWAYS one step ahead of the people trying to patch it.

NES, SNES
Atari Lynx
Sega Gensis (x2)
DS Lite, DSi XL (R4 cards for both of them)
3DS XL - Softmodded
PSP 1000 (x4 CFW)
PSP 2000 (x3 CFW)
PS2 Phattie (x4 All with mod chips & HDs)
PS2 Slimmy (Does movies only now)
PS2 v12 Slim (Don't know what to do with this....)
Xbox Limited Edition Mountain Dew Chipped -- Needs to be fixed, again
Xbox v1.0, soft modded
Xbox v1.0, Has R&O flashing ring
Xbox 360 (x2) -- One has an XKey in it
Wii Soft modded... (x2)
Sega Dreamcast (x2)
Sega Saturn Chipped
Another PS2 phatty with a bad laser. Needed a good home.

I ain't gettin on no plane Hannibal...
RUMBLE 5

Postby Killpop » Thu May 17, 2018 2:15 pm

FFTHEWINNER wrote:what is credit carma?

https://www.creditkarma.com/faq/howitworks

The gaming world isn't filled only with violence and depravity. In fact, it's mostly enchanting.
-Naomi Alderman
Killpop 2

Custom Title: I want PANCAKES.........

Postby alienx999 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:14 pm

That's why I wouldn't do my banking online.

Edited,
Equifax and this company are pure examples of how Online Banking can go very wrong in the matter of seconds.

Last edited by eugenerobinhood1 on Thu May 17, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double Post
That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich!
alienx999 2

Location: Oddworld - Where the grass is green and the Games are plenty
Custom Title: Pirate of the 7th Data Seas

Postby HaloSlayer255 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 pm

One of the reasons I will probably NEVER use any credit cards. It's either cash or debit, if I want something online I just add a few hundred to cover the cost and keep maybe $50 in my checking account. If it's a place I've bevver heard of, gift card then.

All of my passwords are at least 20 characters long, I'd make them longer but with the 8-20 size it can't be done on those sites. On this site my password is 143 characters long just because I wanted to see if it would work :) I'd be driven insane if I had to store all my passwords in my head. And I also usd Authy for 2FA just wish PayPal would support it instead of over SMS.

HaloSlayer255 4

Custom Title: Corvette Lover

Postby erik1977 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm

HaloSlayer255 wrote:All of my passwords are at least 20 characters long, I'd make them longer but with the 8-20 size it can't be done on those sites. On this site my password is 143 characters long just because I wanted to see if it would work :)

Nice :D

Systems I currently own:

Spoiler:
Playstation (modchip)
Xbox 360 slim
PS3 slim

Gaming PCs:

Windows 7 64 bit desktop (Athlon II X2 250 3ghz, 2gb ram, Radeon x1650 512mb, 128gb SSD)
Windows XP 32 bit desktop (Athlon XP 2800+ 2.1ghz, Abit NF7-S, 2gb ram, Radeon X800GTO 256mb, 2x 500gb HDD)
Windows 98SE desktop (Slot 1 Pentium 3 550mhz, Asus P3B-F, 320mb ram, Geforce TI4200 128mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 12mb, 2x 40gb HDD)
Windows 95 desktop (Pentium 133mhz, Asus P/I-P55TP4XE, 40mb ram, Matrox Mystique 4mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 8mb, 10gb HDD)
DOS 6.22 laptop (486DX2 50mhz, 8mb ram, 350mb HDD)
erik1977 7

Postby kintek » Sat May 19, 2018 4:40 am

I found the info without having to click on their link in that email. I seen some that were old as dirt and about two sites I had the account deactivated on. I made sure to change the pass and then deactivate everything afterwards along with eliminate any extra info that had been on those accounts too. Some were just old forums that I never used since I came across better sites.

CurbsidePharmacist wrote:
kintek wrote:I am not sure its a good email from them

Oh they were real lol

kintek wrote:I went to the site normally but was not able to see where they were pulling that information up to show me.

I had to verify my E-mail then refreshed the page and they spit out a list of compromised passwords and then a list of all the places my E-mail has been stolen from by hackers then sold on the darkweb and the dates they were found.

They showed me 3 strings and all 3 were actual crap passwords from places i logged into once or twice.
I'd imagine it was done in hopes to catch people using 1 password across everything.

I use 3 or more levels of passwords.

Level 1 - Stuff I never plan to actually ever use again nor really trust.
Level 2 - Places that I don't frequent but may return to ie: software/updates/gameing sites
Level 3 - E-mails each with their own passwords then a super password for banking and medical stuffs.
Then of course my mobile device for text verification.

As far back as I can remember I've never really been hit for anything online to any degree that severely compromised my accounts or machines that I'm aware of, maybe a few batch scripted maleware apps or a bad app version with known exploits. I do recall a bitcoin client and a torrent client that were installed on separate occasions by using pirated software lol.

kintek 3

Return to News & Politics