Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Question about Bang! Gunship Elite

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Question about Bang! Gunship Elite

Postby Kvothe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 pm

So I have this problem and I was wondering if someone can help me with it. I find this game very hard to control. My main issue is the movement.

I'll try to explain this as good as I can, because the control is so weird I have a hard time just describing it. So, if you've played certain space simulators in the past (Wing Commander, Freespace 2) or action games set in space that are in first person, you move the ship, and the cursor moves along with you, always remaining in the center.

Well, here lies the problem with Gunship Elite. There are TWO cursors! One cursor controls how fast you turn your ship, while the other stays in the center. Trouble is, I find this makes aiming very difficult! I tend to look after the cursor that is always moving to control direction, but if I want to hit something, I need to keep an eye on the cursor that stays in the center.

My question: Is there a way to turn that cursor off and make this game control like Wing Commander and Freespace? I tried to look this up in the options menu, but it doesn't matter if I choose mouse or keyboard control, things remain the same. Am I missing something, or is there no way to change this control scheme?

Here is a video in case someone didn't understand how this works. Notice how you use one cursor to move your ship, while the other remains stationary and is used to show you where your shots will land. This is seriously the most convoluted flight system I've seen in any space game, and I've played Wing Commander 4, Freespace 2 and Freelancer with no problems!

Kvothe 3

Re: Question about Bang! Gunship Elite

Postby rodion » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm

I tried playing this game a few months ago, since I remembered playing the demo when I was a kid, so I wanted to know what did I miss. I just couldn't handle it, the field of view is too low, I felt disoriented and the controls didn't help.

rodion 4

Postby ZX81v2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm

It's not a well made game when it comes to the most IMPORTANT part... Controls...
Try this

Lower the sensitivity of your mouse in control panel > mouse
Then load the game...

The fight system is the same as colony wars-ish, takes some getting used to.
As you the 2 cursors.

The one in front of the enemy is where you want to be targeting. Due to 3D Space , it takes a second or two to make impact and in this time, the enemy has moved....
So you AIM at the box, in front of target... Angle's + Speed = Shots land on target
The central cursor is just reference...
Practice helps

I didn't like this game much when it was first released, but it is quite good.

PS2 (Phat) + Network Adapter + SATA Bridge + 2TB HDD = Insanity+1 !
Wanna Know More > theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=49420&hilit=+sata

FreeMCBoot Installer - OPL 0.8/9 + HDL0.8c
Game Compatibility Checker. WinHIIP User
ZX81v2's MAME/ARCADE Thread Here
FreeMCBoot Install Service "UK" Thread HERE
MY PS2 OPL 0.8 HDD Game Compatibility List Click Here 100% Safe

Latest MESS/MAME Roms : Retroroms.info < NEW SITE !

ImageImageImageImage

If you are/WERE a PS2 Developer please check PS2Home out !
Designed & (C)2013-2017 by ZX81v2
ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby Kvothe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks for the replies guys! Sucks to hear there is no way to change that stupid control scheme, tho! Oh well, I'll get used to it or play some other game then.

Kvothe 3

Return to General Gaming Chat